boom box for my boat. self powered and contained

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigblackdodge

Senior VIP Member
So here's the deal, back in high school before ipods and iphones were so popular and common and people still bought cds at the store, i took a igloo cooler cut holes in it to mount 2 cheap roadmaster 6x9s, a pyle cd player and set a big lawnmower battery inside and carried it everywhere when i went fishing and it lasted for a few years suprisingly and made me the coolest guy on the river,(or thats what i thought). Honestly sounded dang good even the bass was a real surprise coming from the 19.99 6x9's when the lid was closed.

So it brings me to this, my ideas of a new one. Thinking of a new one and maybe a little more stylish. Try to follow me here...

Cut a base plate/sheet of 5/8 have all 4 exterior walls. On the inside insert 2 sheets the with and height of the box creating a pocket to set a battery into and seal the 2 other boxes with lid. So now there are 3 seperate chambers with 1 being open for the battery in the center and 2 others seal up tight. An inexpensive 8" subwoofer installed in one box and 2 marine 6x9's in the other box, and a small footprinted 4 ch. amp setting in the battery compartment. channels 1&2 goin to the 6x9's and 3&4 bridged to the subwoofer. The input would be a bluetooth adapter to pair with my iphone. And a solar panel to trickle charge the battery.

I believe the overall box can be built with a footprint of around 18"x18"x12"high with everything concealed and self powered. Then carry to the local rhino liner place and have a buddy coat it all to seal and strengthen it.

5/8 plywood-to save weight and rhinolining with strengthen it.

ppi sn8 subwoofer- cheap to replace(uv rays/water)

Pyle hydra 6x9's-Same as subwoofer

VM Audio SRA1200.4- Just because its cheap and small.

Battery undetermined- Have to measure for clearance.

I think im on to something here and was curious to see if anyone here has done such a thing. Please hit me back with feedback or any thoughts or how you would do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.