Boat installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

SWFL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
us
I plan to do 4 6" selenium mids, along with 2-4 st350 tweeters. I was wondering whats the best way to go about mounting them. The boat is a 16ft action craft flats boat. I plan to mount them flush and have to cut through fiberglass. Wondering the best way to cut through it and not crack it and what to put around the cut after to try to strengthen up the cut where its not weak and wont crack under stress.

My intention is to run those 4 mids, along with 4 tweeters. Going to need a crossover to work as well if you have any suggestion for that please post it. Going to run a headunit and try to seal off under the center console from water and moisutre as i can. I als plan to run a cheap 4 channel amp something that will send around 50 watts to a mid and 50 watts to a tweeter. Also going to use the rubber boots around the back of the magnets to minimize any moisture getting into the magnet and cone. Not worried about midbass want only loud highs

use a jigsaw with a fine toothed blade and put masking tape over the area you are going to cut...i dont think you are going to need alot of bracing as long as you are cutting low on the inside of the boat...bolt the speakers in good and tight and that should brace it up pretty good

I will take some pics tommorow of the places I plan to install the speakers and tweeters and see what everyone thinks. How can i run this with an amp plan to run an amp so its loud enough to be heard over the engine. I need a external crossover for the tweet and mid both are 8ohms so wired together will equal a 4ohm load how can i find a xover for them??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.