Blown Memphis Subs

Xero.Limit
10+ year member

I have two 12" Memphis 15-M3124D one is blown and is stiff if you press down on it and makes like a scraping sound. The other was making the amp constantly go into protect, I know it is a problem with the sub and not the amp because I have different ones hooked up to my amp now. I've called Memphis and they said they only deal with exchanges from the dealer and I need a receipt, problem is I bought them from a buddy who is on active duty and have no way of getting a hold of him. Seeing Memphis won't do **** for me is there any other place/way I can get these things fixed?

So I ripped apart the crispy sub to get a feel for the insides I did this by removing the three bolts and tried to pull but noticed something was holding it in so I turned the basket clockwise and the magnet counter-clockwise or vice-versa.

I'm left with,

Basket:

0827092220.jpg

0827092221.jpg

Magnet:

0827092224.jpg

0827092225.jpg

And I pulled out a **** load of some copper wiring:

0827092204.jpg

I didn't completely **** up the speaker with no hope of repairing it did I?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.