Blown amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

ex0r
10+ year member

Okay, so I am pretty confident that I blew the amp I had hooked up in my truck. It's my first install, and I followed some suggestions from some fellow forum posters, and it appears my amp is now blown as it will no longer power on. Here's the situation:

I have a stock system, so I got a line-level filter and hooked it up to my rear speakers (after the factory amp), than I ran my RCA's to the amp, where I used two splitters to split it into the front and rear RCA channels.

Than, I took my two 10" subs, and I bridged the subs, one to the front L+R and one to the rear L+R.

I have a switch in-place at the dash to turn the amp on/off via remote wire.

All was fine for a bit, but my radio was turned down low so I turned it up a bit. The subs stopped hitting, and the red power LED for protection came on on the amp. I turned the volume back down and turned the car off for a bit.

I came back later to see if it was fixed, and whenever I flipped the switch to 'on', the green protection light would come on for a couple of seconds and fade out to nothing (not even red). After about 5 times of doing this, it completely stopped coming on all together. (Not even a red light).

I think I blew the amp by bridging the two pioneer subs, but I wanted to know what I should check to see if it is in fact blown, and how I can go about repairing it. Not looking to spend a bunch of money on the project as I got them in a trade anyways, so if it's gonna be more than it's worth i'll just throw out the setup.

I have it apart, and there don't appear to be any blown traces, the caps look fine, and from what I can tell, the mosfets seem to be in working order and don't appear to have damage, but I can't figure out why it won't power on.

Oh, and yes I checked the fuses, all are good, even the ones on the amp itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.