Biggest fear

Kenny Pollock
10+ year member

drag it!
You can ask Tom... one of my biggest fears about working on my car is electric... I'm seriously afraid of jumping my car, disconnecting my battery to mess with anything...

I have to switch my Yellowtop out of the trunk with my new Kinetik 2400 for a show tomorrow, and I'm unsure what to do. I have to disconnect the battery terminals off of the Yellowtop, but then I'm scared to put them back on the battery and in what order because of sparks/getting shocked... especially since the battery under my hood will still be connected...

nG, feel free to come here and post "n00b" ... I know, I know...

Kenny

Out with the old:

IMG_0917.jpg

In with the new:

IMG_0910.jpg

And my 1/0 crimps were too small for the battery posts... so I bought these weird copper things at Home Depot for temporary use:

IMG_0914.jpg

thanks

nudes?

anyways, you shouldnt be afraid, just take the ground off of the battery and your good. it wont shock you if your hand accidentally touches it a bit while taking it off either.

12v is safe to touch, so don't be afraid of getting shocked.

The thing to be careful about is letting the batt or (+) terminal come in direct contact with a ground, be it metal of the car chassis, the other terminal on the battery or and amp chassis. There is a lot of current in a battery, and if you were to short the terminals somehow you could cause some serious damage. So just..don't let the positive ever touch anything but the + terminal of the amp. and you'll be fine.

12v is safe to touch, so don't be afraid of getting shocked.
The thing to be careful about is letting the batt or (+) terminal come in direct contact with a ground, be it metal of the car chassis, the other terminal on the battery or and amp chassis. There is a lot of current in a battery, and if you were to short the terminals somehow you could cause some serious damage. So just..don't let the positive ever touch anything but the + terminal of the amp. and you'll be fine.
lol saying anything with electric current is safe is like saying punching a bear in the face wont get you killed.

ANYTHING with electrical current can ****ing HURT. let along take out all of your electrical system.

come on kenny, youve been here long enough to know not to post any pics of people that are close to you, especially women
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif I thought it was a cool pic, and I don't care what anyone thinks of my girl... we've been together for 2 years, I'm keepin' her, lol.
Thanks for the information guys, everything went smoothly except putting all the power wires on positive after ground was in, big ass spark... but it was for a second. Car runs good so I'd say it was a success!

I think there was a thread here on it, but how do you guys crimp your ring terminals on? Tom and I used a table vise AND he soldered it... and I pulled them off today with no effort. And where did you guys your 1/0 ring terminals? Mine from Knu are too **** small for the screws I use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kenny Pollock

10+ year member
drag it!
Kenny Pollock
Hollywood, Florida Low: Yes
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date