Big Three Difference

MarcusFranz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Cocoa, Fl
Big three on my car made my car go from ~14volts no bass hitting to 16volts no bass hitting and before it would drop below 12volts when the bass hit now it doesnt drop below 14volts big difference and thats not even a full big 3 i still have to do alt to batt wire. So just a little motivation for those who havent done it

my amp was rated at 17 volts... and the only thing that has been made better is my ground meaning my battery has been getting that voltage all along but the the multimeter could be off but all the voltages were taken using the same multimeter so the numbers are relative

all your electrical would be fried running 16v..
I'm not here to flame but I call that BS. When the voltage regulator in my dads alt went he was seeing about 15-16v idle and it would peak at about 23v. Yes, the battery did boil and quit holding a charge over ~3volts but EVERYTHING else is still fine. (his is a 1993)

and when my alt+regulator was failing i had ****** rig it (excuse the expression) and I saw about 18v idle and about 19.5v at anything over idle and everything in my car is fine (ie, battery, ignition system, lights, electric windows and my stereo stuff) but then again stuff made in America back in 1978 was normally better quality then something from Japan/China/Korea in 1998

:fyi:this is not fact, just opinion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok for those who dont believe me i will take a picture today. My alt is stock, the only thing i changed was i added 4 gauge engine to batt ground and 4 gauge chassis to batt ground and i moved my ground cable for amp to a better spot. 16 volts was at the amp

ahahah 16volts ftw man are you steve meade haha his **** is only like 15volts max i think
what does steve's ride have to do with this. People out there run 16v charging systems all day long. If this is a stock setup, 16v is not good...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.