Big 3 pics for your enjoyment

Looks like you grounded the battery to the body. It should be grounded to the frame or engine block.

Local auto parts stores will have the HD battery terminals that use nuts/bolts to clamp on the cable. You can just add a longer bolt on one side, so you can add multiple ring terminals.

Looks like you grounded the battery to the body. It should be grounded to the frame or engine block.
Local auto parts stores will have the HD battery terminals that use nuts/bolts to clamp on the cable. You can just add a longer bolt on one side, so you can add multiple ring terminals.
You're probably right. I'll fix that. Thanks.

yup thats what i did.. i got the gold plated ones...

wish i had batterys i would take so many pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You're probably right. I'll fix that. Thanks.
I did that this week on a Customers car..

Used the Engine Block to the Batt & a Small jump from the Batt to the Body/Frame Bolt

Turned out very nice..

I will get pix he come's in Friday to get the Amp & Subs installed..

peace Troy

The only thing i dont understand is what size to use inline between the alt. and battery. I am going to be using a 4awg. What do you guys think?

Forgot about my post here. I had someone ask me for further pictures so here's a few more, detailed shots:

Here's a couple quick pictures.

First is engine to ground.

IMG_2220.jpg

2nd is shot of alternator/engine area.

IMG_2221.jpg

3rd is Alternator (+)

IMG_2222.jpg

4th is battery terminals. Note I have 2 strands on this run.

IMG_2223.jpg

5th is grounding spot on NEG battery to ground

IMG_2224.jpg

6th is another shot of battery (-) to ground

IMG_2225.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.