Best mids to use for around my budget.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Juice0723
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Just wondering what would be the best mids to use for a around $200 budget for 4. I was going to get four selenium 6w4p 6" mids. But just wondering what else I could have that is better. Or is actually 4 ohm mids.

Maybe it's just me, don't those seem a bit cheap for how good they claim to be?

"# One of the lowest distortion, highest resolution driver series available" on the Dayton 7" woofer...for $39?

I want to cross the mids at 100hz-6khz. Then have my Crescendo XST2's at 4khz and up.
That's a pretty broad freq range. Have you considered running 2 for dedicated midbass, and 2 for midrange? If you have the processing power to do this, it would be a better choice.

I have a 2009 car. I don't want to practice fiberglassing on it. I just have spots for mids in the doors. Then I could find a place to put those tweets. I would like to have a dedicated midbass but no where to put it. That's why I was looking into the Selenium 6w4p mids at partsexpress. Says it could do 80hz-9khz.

I was gonna put one mid in each door. I could make a box behind the front seats for more mids tho.

These, they are 8ohm tho. want 4ohm more but I guess I could bridge my amp.:

Selenium 6W4P 6" Woofer | Parts-Express.com

I gotta 880prs.

That's why I was looking into the Selenium 6w4p mids at partsexpress. Says it could do 80hz-9khz.
Most, if not all mids, can go that high. Hell, I can hear symbols through my 10" sub if I play it full-range. The problem is that most speakers will not have a flat response curve that high, and with a 6" speaker you run into beaming issues way before 6khz.

It sounds like you're just wanting it to be loud, so go ahead and use some PA speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.