Best class D amp brands

year, make and model of the truck? Do we need an amp wiring kit too?

Edit": sorry, just noticed that info - stay tuned...
A little more info, there will be a 2/0 cable from the hood going to another battery, closer to the amps, along with a 20 farad cap. The alternator will be just over 300 amps.

This 1500 watt stinger amp. run it off a dual 4 ohm sub wired in parallel (1000 watts at 2 ohms) keeps it cool AND loud.

$159

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2BG2M1
This dual 4 ohm VC sub - 1200 watts RMS: (ebay seller is SonicElectronicx clearance seller).

$150

This or a comparable 1.85 cubic foot box ( i would tune those to around 30 hz:

Amazon product ASIN B084JFYQ3K

If you;re going to build a box, then a box with 1.85 cubic feet internal volume with a 4" round port 19" long, slamming loud, super good. I've taken into account the displacement for the driver and the port area. You may need to use an elbow joint on the port to get it to fit.

4 Gauge amp wiring kit:

$49.99

Amazon product ASIN B0C8V972Z7
LOC for converting channels, didn;t see wher or if you already have one in place. This one is very clean, accepts up to 45 watts from the factory HU and uses the high level HU speaker leads fo signal and and the remote turn-on, no additional remote lead run needed.

$19.99

Amazon product ASIN B00LIAHSM4
Pretty sure we're way under that $800 budget.

:sneaky:

His budget is about $800 for the amps and subs. His truck is an extended cab, but he needs to keep his back two jump seats. And, if you have ever sat in those, there isn't much space. A cut through is not likely. 2-10s might be a better option, but I know 3-8" will move more air. I have been out of the car audio scene for 10 years, so I am not sure what is out there anymore.
Now thinking about it, 2-10" subs, at the price of 3-8" subs, might be the better route.

Toughts?
Whatever truck it is, there are most likely quite a few prefabbed enclosure options. If you're going to do something custom made, there is most likely a few humps and bends, and will require someone experienced that can do more than a cube. Are you just planning on making something?

This 1500 watt stinger amp. run it off a dual 4 ohm sub wired in parallel (1000 watts at 2 ohms) keeps it cool AND loud.

$159

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2BG2M1
This dual 4 ohm VC sub - 1200 watts RMS: (ebay seller is SonicElectronicx clearance seller).

$150

This or a comparable 1.85 cubic foot box ( i would tune those to around 30 hz:

Amazon product ASIN B084JFYQ3K

If you;re going to build a box, then a box with 1.85 cubic feet internal volume with a 4" round port 19" long, slamming loud, super good. I've taken into account the displacement for the driver and the port area. You may need to use an elbow joint on the port to get it to fit.

4 Gauge amp wiring kit:

$49.99

Amazon product ASIN B0C8V972Z7
LOC for converting channels, didn;t see wher or if you already have one in place. This one is very clean, accepts up to 45 watts from the factory HU and uses the high level HU speaker leads fo signal and and the remote turn-on, no additional remote lead run needed.

$19.99

Amazon product ASIN B00LIAHSM4
Pretty sure we're way under that $800 budget.

:sneaky:

That's a pretty good deal. I really like the Stinger Amp, but I would still need a 4ch to go with it. Also, would the single 12 slap harder than 2 10s?

8" (x3)
π × r² = π × 16 inch² ≈ 50.27 in²
50.27" x 3 = 150.81 sq in

10" (x2)
π × r² = π × 25 inch² ≈ 78.54 in²
78.54" x 157.08 sq in
LOL...
Now you had to go and get all technical on me. You're right! I don't know what I was thinking. 10's also move more than 8's, so that will add to the equation.

A nice four channel to accompany that would be the recoil 4 channel. I've used the full bridge Brazilian models like Taramps, not the budget minded models as I'm not fan of basic Brazilian full bridge designs, just my preferences.
This is a nice, 185 x 4 @4, with like 300x4 @2 unit:

I provided the internal volume and the port length in the previous post. Round ports are best and with the box being custom, figured it would be the most convenient. that's $200 sub that the CARUDIO is selling for $150. He's the outlet seller for NVX/Sonic electronics and always takes offers to move merch. Offer him like $125 for that sub, he'll probably bite.

With that four channel, I think we are at $500. Have you decided on the Front rear speakers, are you going to go with frt/rear or just fronts? I believe that ranger has openings for 4 6x9s.

That single 12 with that stinger amp will be overkill as it is, VERY LOUD indeed! No need to complicate or compromise here with lesser 10's. This will rattle his teeth!

Last edited:
A nice four channel to accompany that would be the recoil 4 channel. I've used the full bridge Brazilian models like Taramps, not the budget minded models as I'm not fan of basic Brazilian full bridge designs, just my preferences.
This is a nice, 185 x 4 @4, with like 300x4 @2 unit:

I provided the internal volume and the port length in the previous post. Round ports are best and with the box being custom, figured it would be the most convenient. that's $200 sub that the CARUDIO is selling for $150. He's the outlet seller for NVX/Sonic electronics and always takes offers to move merch. Offer him like $125 for that sub, he'll probably bite.

With that four channel, I think we are at $500. Have you decided on the Front rear speakers, are you going to go with frt/rear or just fronts? I believe that ranger has openings for 4 6x9s.

That single 12 with that stinger amp will overkill as it is, VERY LOUD indeed! No need to complicate or compromise here with lesser 10's. This will rattle his teeth!

That is a really nice looking amp. Do they have good sub amp to match? I really love the Stinger, but having a matching amp would be cool. It will be a show style install. Not for car shows, but to be impressive to look at. He's 16 and in high school.

The speakers are 6x8. I will use plates and install 6.5's. It was a thought to install 6x9's in the rear section, but there isn't enough air space to get the bass out of them, so 6.5's will sound better. I'm still tossing around custom door panels.

It's 900w on the sub channel @ 1 ohm...but with the right subs and box that's plenty for a pair of 10's to get down plus it's an all in one package if space is tight and a bit easier install

Well,now that y ou mention it, this may be the answer to your prayers.

- OR -

add this to the 4 channel mentioned:

900 watts at 2 ohms

Any of these solutions with that 12" in the box Suggested will blow his socks off in that little ranger cab, I see no need to go with dual tens, none.

As for the 2 ohm 6x9's, not bass that you're shooting for, its that 60 hz and above that they do very well. I would think a couple pairs of these would do the trick. THey do not need a lot of air for that frequency and the bigger cone and 2 ohm impedance are compelling attributes for volume considerations.

Amazon product ASIN B0BZJX816K

Well,now that y ou mention it, this may be the answer to your prayers.

- OR -

add this to the 4 channel mentioned:

900 watts at 2 ohms

Any of these solutions with that 12" in the box Suggested will blow his socks off in that little ranger cab, I see no need to go with dual tens, none.

I like those amps! I believe I am sold on them. Are the wattage ratings accurate or are they underrated?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...