Best Amplifier for Two 12's Alpine Type R

malloryLs

SoFLa
I have Two 12's Alpine Type R's. I had Two Alpine M500's, One powering each sub. One amp blew. So I sold the other amp for now. My question is: I want to get one amp to power both subs. What kind of amp should I get to handle both the subs. How much power...1000 or more?

I am also going to hook up my whole system to a Kinetik HC1800 battery instead of my car battery because my lights have been dimming. I just want the full potential of subs and i do not want my amp or subs to blow.

thank you!

btw....

I'm not sure what ohm configuration your subs are, the Brutus does 1100w @ 2ohm. So as long as you can get a 2ohm final load it'll work. The 1600w @ 1ohm would probably be a bit much & the 550w @ 4ohm isn't nearly enough for a pair.

What ohm voice coils are your subs?

I still say AQ for this one. However, in your situation you more then likely won't see/hear a big difference. They both produce around the same power but AQ is better build quality hands down.

What ohm voice coils are your subs?
I still say AQ for this one. However, in your situation you more then likely won't see/hear a big difference. They both produce around the same power but AQ is better build quality hands down.
agreed....but either will work fine imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.