Bass on a budget, need some advice.

i am jealous... if i had thought more about it before ordering i probably should have gotten the 10s.. they require so much less airspace.. 1.2 for a ported box per chamber.. that would have been fine.. but the 12s need 1.8 cuft for ported.. and i just dont have the room under there for 3.6 cuft.. i had a hard enough time with 2.4 for the 12s sealed...

but i really like them in this sealed box.. might not be getting quite as low.. but the SQ is awesome and get really loud

i am jealous... if i had thought more about it before ordering i probably should have gotten the 10s.. they require so much less airspace.. 1.2 for a ported box per chamber.. that would have been fine.. but the 12s need 1.8 cuft for ported.. and i just dont have the room under there for 3.6 cuft.. i had a hard enough time with 2.4 for the 12s sealed...
but i really like them in this sealed box.. might not be getting quite as low.. but the SQ is awesome and get really loud
i went through a couple sealed boxes, two tens and two twelves, and a couple ported boxes. this one by far sounds the best and gets the loudest. its amazing how good a properly built ported box can sound.

i know that 4 sure.. and like i said i like this sealed box.. but now i am wondering if i should sell these 12s and get 2 10s.. i could actually make it the same as my current plans and just add ports on the back side... i have like 4+inches behind the box.. my chambers are already designed for the 1.2 cuft chambers..i would just need to figure out what size to make the ports..

Since it's in an expedition, space won't be a problem. So do assassins work better sealed or ported. Seems like they work well with both. I think I just wanna buy a prefab box cuz this kid doesnt have much money and it's not worth my time to build one for him. Any reccommendations?

sealed sound great.. but a ported box will generally be able to hit a little lower and do it with a little less power.. and will be overall louder by about 3 dbs at same power input

Ported it is then. Now I know prefab boxes are generally shitty, but is there any company that makes a cheap reputable line of boxes that I could choose from?

Well the kid only wants to do one 12 now, guess he really wants to stay at 500 it seems. I'm dissapointed but whatever. I'd like to get a 12" L7 but I can't seem to find one in the 150 range. they're all around 200 shipped.

So I was wondering, which would be louder? One 12" Assassin or one 12" L5? The L5 would be this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KICKER-SOLOBARIC-L5-S12L5-12-CAR-AUDIO-SQUARE-SUB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ004QQitemZ140011228599QQrdZ1

I know it takes more power and has more cone area, but I have no experience with the old L5's so I dunno if they're reliable or not.

Well the kid only wants to do one 12 now, guess he really wants to stay at 500 it seems. I'm dissapointed but whatever. I'd like to get a 12" L7 but I can't seem to find one in the 150 range. they're all around 200 shipped.So I was wondering, which would be louder? One 12" Assassin or one 12" L5? The L5 would be this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KICKER-SOLOBARIC-L5-S12L5-12-CAR-AUDIO-SQUARE-SUB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ004QQitemZ140011228599QQrdZ1

I know it takes more power and has more cone area, but I have no experience with the old L5's so I dunno if they're reliable or not.
The L5 would be louder, not by much I would think. But it will sound like poop...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.