Bagging the Jetta Project Log

iv read a lot of mixed reviews on all kinds of bag kits, on there ( i dont meam to jump on you)
there are a few N. American kits that are great, eurojet.. etc.

but euro bags seem to be the best.

also custom is the way to go.

god luck and keep posting them pics!

Yeah a lot of stuff I see on there is pretty narrow minded, coilovers are the only way to go type deal. I would probably be doing coils if I wanted to worry more for performance and such of that aspect. This is just simply my daily driver.

the front is whats gonna kill you in price, last time I priced strut bags they were like $800 a pair. Making the rear is cake though. I would have just went down to the local metal shop, got some tube, get some circles. Probably would have cost $10.

Yeah a lot of stuff I see on there is pretty narrow minded, coilovers are the only way to go type deal. I would probably be doing coils if I wanted to worry more for performance and such of that aspect. This is just simply my daily driver.
some of the coilover setups iv seen (after cutting) can get as low as bags.

but according to the Tex if you want suspension performance don't buy an mk4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

some of the coilover setups iv seen (after cutting) can get as low as bags.
but according to the Tex if you want suspension performance don't buy an mk4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Yeah, but can't come back up with the push of a switch. My old car was lowered and I bottomed out a lot of places around my area. So I hate to have a nicer car now and bottom it out...

the front is whats gonna kill you in price, last time I priced strut bags they were like $800 a pair. Making the rear is cake though. I would have just went down to the local metal shop, got some tube, get some circles. Probably would have cost $10.
I think some places sell slip on strut bags that (along with a fitting plate kit) slide onto the strut in place of your spring. For cars that don't have a specific kit for them..

like this Toyota Highlander!

4437.jpg

At least that's how it works, because these guys are what I'm banking on for bagging the front of the Park Ave eventually.

http://www.fmkustoms.com/product_info.php?cPath=148_153&products_id=341&osCsid=91e1f39bf53fcd568e046e224dbc781d

00165545.jpg

If I got any of that info messed up correct me please, I'm not a bag expert, just enthusiast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

More goodies came in today...

Now I got to find a place to make me some l shape steel brackets about 1/4" thick. If any of you guys are capable of making let me know. Not sure whether to try and find 1/4" angel iron or just weld two pieces together. Which would probably be stronger?

3/8 smc valves

P1010019.jpg

1/2valve with 1/2 line hops my buddies s10, and mine has got 3/8 valve and 1/2 line and i really like the speed. fast enough to lift up if there is something in the road but i can easily control my ride height without it taking off like a rocket. 3/8 valves and 3/8 line just seemed too slow for me, but its all preference. seems like its better to be too fast, because u can slow it down, as where if its too slow then your stuck with it. and as far as fittings. go here

http://www.suicidedoors.com great prices and the greatest customer service.

oh ya dont buy anything from AIM, chassistech, or any related people, you WILL get boned

Yeah I've been ordering from SD. I was orig. going to get a minitruck before I bought the Jetta....still plan too. Now to figure out what fittings I shall need.

Alright so lets see if this seems about right...

(2) 3/8" forged cross

(4) 3/8" hex nipples (to connect each valve to each forged cross)

(4) 3/8" OD x 3/8" NPTF Male Connecter (to connect the airline from the cross to the bags and from the fill valves to the tank)

(4) 3/8" OD x 1/4" NPTF Male Connector (to go into tank plugs to air line and from bag plugs to air line)

And then just plug off the other slot of the forged cross till I get the guages installed.

If someone cared to doublecheck this that would be awesome.

8valve.gif

No water trap? I would invest in one, if I was you.

Also, those first wheels would look amazing. BBS LM knockoffs, but nice nonetheless!

I would go with the strutbags from universal air, anyday. I love them.

Also, on a side note. If you're looking for a slower drop, consider mounting the valves further away from the actual bag. That allows a slightly longer timeframe for the air to purge.

No water trap? I would invest in one, if I was you.
I am going to run one, thats just a diagram on SD's site.

Garage is getting roofed and sided tomorrow, and not too much left to buy for the rear. Should be getting some progress going soon.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.