Autotek Mean Machine amps any good?

thanks, i completely forgot it was on that site as well.

here's something tommy just posted... 2 dsc2000's strapped @ 1.4 nominal rising to just a hair under 4 ohms .. rated power would be 2000 watts for the pair strapped @ that reactive load but he managed 3540
How much of that power was usable unclipped power like gunz4me2 brought up?

Clipping is generally around 5% THD. Alot of amp manufacturers are rating their amps as high as 3% thd, maybe more. I don't really study this stuff too much anymore.

i miss the old autotek it's sad what has become of them kinda like us amps...

use to be when you bough a brands high end series it was 30-50% underated and built like a tank.

it's not just maxxsonics there is alot of co's...

i miss the old autotek it's sad what has become of them kinda like us amps...
use to be when you bough a brands high end series it was 30-50% underated and built like a tank.

it's not just maxxsonics there is alot of co's...
Yup, I worked at a place years ago. Sold a ton of SM. I thought they were sub par due to the price point and cheasyness of them. I could have not been more wrong. sold atleast 50 in the short time I was there. Saw one come back and that was due to a dead short. Much better than the memphis, orion, and mtx that we also sold. I saw these things put through their paces, like one customer that thought a wood screw into unpainted metal was a cool ground, on top of running the amp at 2 ohm mono. Needless to say protection did its job well, the thing would play for a bit though. It was also laying on its heatsink.

They arent Maxxonics made. They are good Autotek amps.
they are all made by maxxonics arent they?

Just most amps (if you look on the maxxonics site) besides the MM and gp3000 and some hifonics say MAXX power, not RMS. the MM is rated RMS, ss and sm line are MAXX all crunch GP are MAXX besides the 3k. take a look on the companies website.

I would still take US AMPS stuff over half the crap out there today. I don't know why people all of a sudden started hating on it. The AX line is still handbuilt in the USA by stinky hispanics.

I would still take US AMPS stuff over half the crap out there today. I don't know why people all of a sudden started hating on it. The AX line is still handbuilt in the USA by stinky hispanics.
If they build amps like they do roofs, that is some quality product.

I bet you get paid to say that. The new MM Autotek amps are made by Maxxonics. Same company who makes the new MB Quart, Crunch, Autotek, and Hifonics stuff. The Hifonics 16010 is claimed to do 1600@1, but it doesnt. Same with almost all the new Hifonics amps as well as Crunch. The MB Quart are like high end junk.
Actually, I do not get paid to say that.

I say that because I am more then a little bit qualified to say that and I'm sure that is a bit more qualified to say then your comments.

Also, I am very familiar with who Maxxsonics is (I appreciate the history lesson though) and the companies they own..again, probably more then any one else.

Every one has an opinion and there own favorite flavor so I respect your right to your opinion but I also compltely disagree based my my own personal experience with the products.

The product we rate as RMS is RMS and the products not rated as RMS are max or peak power and we make no secret of this.

Please consider that we make products of all levels of power and performance, price points and specifications which has a big part of our success over the last several years.

If we are not your favorite group of companies, no problem and we hope to be deserving of your business some other day.

The info you provided from the non-authorised on-line dealer is a typo by the way.

thats just being ignorant who cares what race it was built buy

Most means anything thats majority. So if they have 100 amps under the Maxxonics brand and 51 are over rated and 49 are not. Most of them are over rated.
Now lets take a look at the Hifonics 1208d, 1608d, or any xx08d series Hifonics amp. The 1200 series has been benched to only do about 8-900RMS. Thats 3-400 less than rated power. The 1608d only has 120a of fusing. Where does it magically produce another 400 watts of power? It doesnt. Its also been benched to do around 1200@1 ohm. And as the previous example I used. The Crunch GP3000d has been benched to do well over rated. Benchtests are all over this site.
where the hell do you find these specs at dude? the 1210d has an 80 amp fuse same all the way back to the 05 series, the 1600 series all have 140 amp fusing the 2000 has always had 200 external fusing as a MINIMUM as per the actual manual. until you have benched 1 and can prove anything, you shouyld just shut the **** up now. maxxsonics has many amps out that are rated dynamically ( peak @ 14.4 voltage ) but since you have no real understanding of the retail marketing of a company you wouldnt have a clue how many other companies do that either eh......

also output stage and new power supply designs dramatically impact actual output, the old A/B class fuse x voltage math has no bearing on new d class amps, but i guess since you know everything you knew that too huh?

where the hell do you find these specs at dude? the 1210d has an 80 amp fuse same all the way back to the 05 series, the 1600 series all have 140 amp fusing the 2000 has always had 200 external fusing as a MINIMUM as per the actual manual. until you have benched 1 and can prove anything, you shouyld just shut the **** up now. maxxsonics has many amps out that are rated dynamically ( peak @ 14.4 voltage ) but since you have no real understanding of the retail marketing of a company you wouldnt have a clue how many other companies do that either eh......also output stage and new power supply designs dramatically impact actual output, the old A/B class fuse x voltage math has no bearing on new d class amps, but i guess since you know everything you knew that too huh?
Regardless of actual fusing on the 1208d and 1608d amps. They still produce shitty clipped power and they are over rated.

well their "shitty" clipped power drives my wifes 2 12" "BRUTUS" subs at 1100 rms each for well over 140 db's as well as very nice sq. I have yet to see one clip that was wired correctly. I happen to know for fact they do not clip at rated power in the slightest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.