Auto Sound/Arlington

I have to give my 2 cents on this! I have been up there many times and they do bad mouth a lot of setups. They love JL subs and Alpine headunits. I've listened to some of there cars and was only impressed with one. They do very go work, but should not talk so bad about other peoples equipment. Those trophies mean nothing unless you are wanting them to install a competition system. I've been installing car audio for a long time and do not care to do it for a living. So it's funny as hell to me when they tell me that they can build a box better than me or that my amp is not putting out the right power. They also have told me that Focal access is not a good speaker and Kicker amps aren't that good. Notice how they don't mention when they lose, what the guys were running that they lost to.

They had a competition up there in their own parking lot a while back. All that stuff they love so much was loosing. It was a guy up there with 2 vehicles with Audiobahn and Visonik in both and those guys with their 13W7's and 1000/1's weren't even coming close on the meter. The Jl also lost to a Stroker, 2 12L7's in a hatchback, and some guy with 6 RF 12" HE 1 or 2's in a mini truck. They are pricey and JL is very over priced and yes I can afford JL. I got 4 12CVR's for $280 from a authorized dealer and they will destroy 1 12W6v2 that cost more money. So can you explain why people say you get what you pay for? I could have got they same subs from Circuit City for $600, but why get my wallet raped? I'm sure one of them will say I'm not telling the truth, but what do I have to gain by making this up? This is coming from someone that has ran RE audio, Ascendant, Kicker, Rockford, MTX, Mb Quart, Boston Acoustic, Phoenix Gold, Memphis and DD audio just to name a few.

I spoke to a "Val" on the phone today and he was very courteous and very informative. He didn't push anything on me and didn't trash on my current system.

Just gave me the facts....I did some research on the info and it all came out clean.

I need a box built for a 12" JLW6 and I may just go there......if the price is right.

I live in Cedar Hill btw.

I spoke to a "Val" on the phone today and he was very courteous and very informative. He didn't push anything on me and didn't trash on my current system.
Just gave me the facts....I did some research on the info and it all came out clean.

I need a box built for a 12" JLW6 and I may just go there......if the price is right.

I live in Cedar Hill btw.
Val has been in the business a LONG time. He used to be at the Autosound over off of Hulen. Good guy.

I used to work for Val back when the shop was owned by a guy named Dan, who also owns the one in lewisville and denton. If anyone has any questions about how things are done there or about val as an installer I will be happy to help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...