audiopipe txx be15 box build

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
this is my first box build and i'm going ported. i need all the help i can get. i'm using an audiopipe txx be15 that will be powered by an audiopipe apsm1500. just got them both delivered this week. i'm not impressed with the box "design" that came with the sub manual, so i'm turning to all of you that can/will assist me. thank you for any help... believe me, it will be appreciated! dying to cut into this sheet of mdf, lol.

Should I really make my box twice as big as the manufacturer recommends? I've been reading some stuff online and I've found that mentioned a couple times. If this is true would 4 to 4.5 cubic feet be good? I was thinking, maybe, a box that is 20" w, 16" h, and 30" d... with a slot port that is 3" w, 14.5" h, and 20.57"d. the last number came from a calculator to get me tuned to 33hz. i'm a noob, so those may very well be garbage numbers, but i have to start somewhere. I'd like a box with a small face, that's deep, to keep my trunk functional. I want it loud and low, but i don't want sloppy bass either.

Should I really make my box twice as big as the manufacturer recommends? I've been reading some stuff online and I've found that mentioned a couple times. If this is true would 4 to 4.5 cubic feet be good? I was thinking, maybe, a box that is 20" w, 16" h, and 30" d... with a slot port that is 3" w, 14.5" h, and 20.57"d. the last number came from a calculator to get me tuned to 33hz. i'm a noob, so those may very well be garbage numbers, but i have to start somewhere. I'd like a box with a small face, that's deep, to keep my trunk functional. I want it loud and low, but i don't want sloppy bass either.
Stop guessing and pay one of the box builders on this site to create u a design.. Rabbit, Ram, DonH, Moble, etc. When it comes down to it why waste all the money on equipment and not spend the few bucks extra to get the correct design..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

av83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
av83
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date