ATTN: BASSHEADS!! Am I Missing Something??

Participant count
  • Participant list

MBrock4u
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi eveyone! Time for another in a series of bass experiences. Here we go again. A guy at work has some new stuff and he wanted to show off (don't blame him lol) so he ask me to give it a listen because he knows how much I am into to this. First of all his new equipment is very nice. He got a hold of 3 eclipse titanium 10' subs powered by 2 rockford amps. I was so loud that he set off car alarms. We laughed and I was quite impressed. Now for the real test. How does it sound inside the car! So I get inside and much to my shagrin, it sounded horrible. Im thinking OMG! How can u stand this?? I am a sq guy and have spent countless hours tweeking my system to try to get the best out of what I have. When I think of the money this guy has spent on this excellent quality equipmet and it sounded like garbage, it makes me think what am I missing?? I just don't get it. While being impressed with the volume outside, I didn't have the heart to tell him what I really thought it sounded like inside. Can you bassheads please tell me what I am missing out of all of this? I would like to be able to help him out if I can. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm not a basshead but I used to be (I'm sure you did too). But to a lot of people LOUD=good sound. And although I'm positive that it sounds bad to SQ guys like us, to him I bet it's the best sound he's ever heard. So I think really it's just a case of "to each his own". I'm sure as time passes and your friend develops hearing loss he will turn into a SQ guy.

Humm, you could be right, but he really didn't give me that impression. OBTW I do enjoy bass but have never been a basshead. My little brother loves that but he wouldn't like what I heard the other day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.