are cerwin vega vmax subs any good?

I haven't used or even heard any of the newer CV stuff, but the older Vmax subs with the silver cones weren't bad. You can still buy them for around $120 apiece...

Yup, like I said; The older V max subs with the silver cones are pretty nice. They can handle decent power and they sound okay. I wouldn't hesitate to run a few if I could find them for the right price...

not from what i have seen and heard, dosent play low and distorts due to the low xmax but subwoofers are all a preference, to be honest with you id spend some extra cash and get some dc level 3's. sa-12's. etc in the 170 range, re se's all much better subs
RE AUDIO SE-12 12" SUB WOOFER CAR SUBWOOFER SE12 D4 new - eBay (item 400110655009 end time Apr-20-10 13:39:32 PDT)
I was originally thinking of a 12" Boston G3 but a custom shop near my house that I would be disappointed in the spl and lowest lows. They said Cerwin vega vmax would have decent bottom end. Go with RE if I really wanted to be impressed but CV would be pretty good.

I have 2 V-Maxes in my garage and to be honest with you they are some of the best that I ever used. The V-Maxes with the red cv sign in the middle are what I am speaking of. They look nice are very well built and get very very low. I had a custom box built for them at 35hz and 1.25 cubes a piece and they hit the lows really nicely. They are definitely an SQL woofer. They will be a good buy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.