Arc Audio Arc Series 6.2 limitations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

perferd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
windsor
Please bear with me on this cause I am a newbie and wont word everything right or make sense of it all lol...

DEH-80PRS

Arc 6.2

Arc KS-300.4

First off I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tweeters the highs sound absolutely sublime to my ears. However one thing I have notices is I dont think I like the mids. The swear it seems like they are being pushed to the limit and they are struggling. The arcs are rated at 125w RMS 250w Peak while my KS300.4 is wired for 90w RMS right now.

Being a newbie I dont know how to set my eq and what not (like i even know what that is anyways lol) but I did the auto TA/EQ from the HU. I then just picked from the preset eq's they give you like flat, custom1, custom2, super bass, powerful, natural, and vocal. My ears like the superbass and powerful the most because it gives a rounded sound being I have no rears or a sub yet. The thing is I cant turn it up or I can start to hear my mids struggling. Could I be doing something wrong? I thought running 90w RMS which is below the rated 125w RMS the speakers can take wouldnt even come close to making them struggle...

Another thing I want to know is what kind of sound should I be running out of my 6.2's? I mean should I be running them with little to no bass like the preset natural and vocal settings? I would then assume once I put in a sub stage that just rounds out the lows I am missing when I have it on those settings now...

Ask whatever you need to make sense out of what I just posted LOL...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.