AQ HDC3 vs Treo SSX

Treo SSX muscially is a far superior sub than the AQ, and will do well on Streetbeat SPL applications. The Fs on this sub is around 22-24 depending on what coil config you get.

alright, so it looks like im gona give the treos a shot, but is it true they only need 4 cubes? might have a new set up in my car if thats the case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Everyone that says the treo is better, is running treo..

On a serious note though, the question should be, why wouldnt you upgrade to 18s. Go for it.

the question should be, why wouldnt you upgrade to 18s. Go for it.
i don't have the room for 18's other wise i would have done 18's a long time ago. its just these treos are stated to work in 4 cubes with 50inchs of port, and that would work, just seems strange for a 18 to need that little space. if it is ture they must have one hell of a motor.

i don't have the room for 18's other wise i would have done 18's a long time ago. its just these treos are stated to work in 4 cubes with 50inchs of port, and that would work, just seems strange for a 18 to need that little space. if it is ture they must have one hell of a motor.
that not strange at all

hell u can put a sundown niteshade 18 in 3.7cubes ( after port and sub displacement) and it plays fine

Arent close in terms of what?
I'm not great at interpreting numbers (and I have no experience with either sub), but the SSX costs twice as much, weighs a hell of a lot more, and can handle 2.5x the RMS wattage as the AQ. The two subs don't look, on paper, to be even remotely comparable to each other.

i was gonna go with some Treos 2yrs back but things that ran me away was their hard to find down here in Houston

also the company never responds i repeat never responds which means their customer support ***** what if i need a recone...

the prices or high plus they may need to be special ordered by a dealer and last is a guy i knew with 2 tsx 15's in a charger he sounded good but they cooked on him without any distortion in less than 3 months off a soundstream turantula....but he did sound good subs facing the back seats of the charger and you let the middle armrest down for a port....but it doesnt really matter what brand sub AQ/TREO it matters what box you put em in that been my experience anyway

I'm not great at interpreting numbers (and I have no experience with either sub), but the SSX costs twice as much, weighs a hell of a lot more, and can handle 2.5x the RMS wattage as the AQ. The two subs don't look, on paper, to be even remotely comparable to each other.
Real World>>>>>>>>On paper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

also magnet weight and power handling means nothing look at that MTX craphammer and the kicker solox 18 they handle tons of power but......

why spend that kinda money on a sub when i could go get 2 for the price of one treo and put the same amount of power id needed 4 the treo to get moving and get even louder because of surface area and save money and put that back into electrical

also what the specs on the box on your AQ's

the treos ive heard/had a soft think flubby sound(thats the best way i can put it in words)and were tuned low but this sound can be found on many subs.......not the meaness/punch/ouch that hurts! of any DD/AQ's ive heard and when install mines im going 35hz tune so i can have mean punch and kill the lows.....

but if a warm thick sound without attack is what you want go with treos (ive been there done that and tired of it that sound can be found on many subs... i had that sound on my RE MT's)...but it could also be the way i used to do my boxes too... tuned LOW! 28-32hz no higher

if you want insane bottom/punch keep the AQ and possibly rebuild the box

or recone to aluminum and feed em more power

ive yet to come across something that would turn my neck away from DP/AQ/DD

my aq's are in 8.2 cubes net with 150 inchs of port, subs foward sealed from trunk ported thru the rear deck. the treos would be in the same amount of space, but will take one of the areos out so it has 100 inchs of port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.