AQ HDC3-A RMS handling

Enellz
10+ year member

The Triple O.G.
I'm planning on getting another Sundown around tax season (peep sig). But my real question is can The AQ be reconed from copper to aluminum easily and does anybody know the RMS range of the aluminum coils? Also the price for the recone kit. Plan on throwing 6K at 2 12s.

So you think the coppers can take 6K. This will be mostly for demos, and comps of course BTW 2,000 post FTW
from what ive seen people say max rms for coppers were around 2-2.5k..i would just recone with the aluminums anyhow to be on the safe side

from what ive seen people say max rms for coppers were around 2-2.5k..i would just recone with the aluminums anyhow to be on the safe side
Cool. Looks like thats what Im going for then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yep, recone to alum, especially for long playing sessions. I run an AQ3500 on each of my HDC's. Messing around with the coppers right now, but ran alum coils all summer with no issues...

I'm just hoping they don't get hot. Longest I play is usually 20 to 30 minutes on my commute to and from work. Also was it one HDC3-A on the 3500D?

I'm just hoping they don't get hot. Longest I play is usually 20 to 30 minutes on my commute to and from work. Also was it one HDC3-A on the 3500D?
yes a 3500 on each sub. Keep the signal clean and you should be fine. For 20-30 minutes of full tilt I'd just back down the sub level a little. I can play mine full tilt on rock for as long as my ears can take it.

How soon you plan on doing that?
his recones will be done as soon as I have time, probably 2 weeks from now as he's still waiting on stuff to come in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.