Anyone have kickers new 6 1/2" midbass CVT65?

v6camaro00
10+ year member

st. louis
I'm looking at some different midbass woofers for my sail panels in my camaro and i came across these. it the Kicker CompVT 08CVT65 its a shallow mount woofer that looks like it would be perfect because i need either a dual 4 ohm or single 2 ohm woofer. its 6 1/2" with 150 rms and 300 peak. So does anyone have these yet?

cvt65new1_201_200.jpg

get the oldschool kickers if u can find em. i might actually be selling mine soon, seeing as i got my substage back i dont need any rearfill midbass anymore. the rattle my rearview off HU power but can take 100wrms a peice. single 4's. they look like the oldschool round solobarics, black with the generic kicker logo

us camaro drivers need a shallow 6 1/2" inch speaker for our sail panels. in order for them to hook up to our monsoon amp, it has to be either a single voice coil 2 ohm or a dual 4 ohm. The only other woofer most people use is an elemental designs 6 1/2". This is a definate buy for me in the near future.

^^ Allright good to know .. Thats why I was wondering which ones to go with .. the ssmb6 are cheap in cost so I wasnt sure on the sound quality and output with them, Although all Ive heard was good things about them . I still cant decide which shallow mount midbass's to go with though .. Its a toss between the CVT65(new to me since this thread), SSMB6, or the MB Quart midbass add on woofer system for $250 from Onlincarstereo.com..... ??

im going to order the kickers here in about a week. it looks alot stonger than the ssmb6 so hopefully this one wont blow as fast.
Just keep the signal clean and you'll be okay (i.e. no clipping).

I just noticed these at my local Kicker dealer as well and naturally wondered how they'd perform as midbass drivers.

Unfortunately upon closer inspection of T/S properties I don't think these would be suited too well for midbass reproduction. Fs of 53Hz is nice, but given the relatively high QTS value (approx .67) I don't think they would be efficient going much higher than low bass, and certainly not "mid" bass.

Here's the manual to them: http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2008/2008%20CVT%2065%20Sub%20k01%20web.pdf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.