Anyone gave up on trunk cars?

Shieeeeeet do you noobs understand that some cars don't have fold-down rearseats? My Cadillac has thick leather seats, a big fuse rack and another layer of carpet between the cabin and the trunk, the same system that I had in my old VW Golf that did 148.8dB on an AC mic barely mustered 140 in the Cadillac WITH THE SEATS REMOVED, and I'm not even gonna go into how the factory deck has to stay hooked up to the car so the car works right. Sure I can remove all that like what you did but then my car would look ghetto on the inside.

What you have there is a "funked" trunk car, you lost the backseats, your equipment is laying in plain sight and you also don't have any trunk space left. Essentially you lost what a typical sedan can do - haul friends and being able to **** in the back seat. If you wall a sedan or do anything extreme then the resale value goes down in the drain so better keep it forever. If you pop a tire then you're stranded, it would be a nightmare if your car needs service and it just happens that your equipments are in the way.

Don't even try to tell me that your system won't be louder in a Honda hatchback or a S-10 because it will. Yes we are stuck with the cars we have but I'm at the point where I might as well buy a car and make its sole purpose as a stereo system.

09'ers can't get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Shieeeeeet do you noobs understand that some cars don't have fold-down rearseats? My Cadillac has thick leather seats, a big fuse rack and another layer of carpet between the cabin and the trunk, the same system that I had in my old VW Golf that did 148.8dB on an AC mic barely mustered 140 in the Cadillac WITH THE SEATS REMOVED, and I'm not even gonna go into how the factory deck has to stay hooked up to the car so the car works right. Sure I can remove all that like what you did but then my car would look ghetto on the inside.
What you have there is a "funked" trunk car, you lost the backseats, your equipment is laying in plain sight and you also don't have any trunk space left. Essentially you lost what a typical sedan can do - haul friends and being able to **** in the back seat. If you wall a sedan or do anything extreme then the resale value goes down in the drain so better keep it forever. If you pop a tire then you're stranded, it would be a nightmare if your car needs service and it just happens that your equipments are in the way.

Don't even try to tell me that your system won't be louder in a Honda hatchback or a S-10 because it will. Yes we are stuck with the cars we have but I'm at the point where I might as well buy a car and make its sole purpose as a stereo system.
i can fit everything in my trunk maybe your **** aint loud enbough cuz you cant give up any space i have a single 15 in a tiny trunk i can fold half my seats up and have 3 instead of 4 people wow big woop 1 person off i put the amps in the back so i could essentially mess with them anytime without having to angle myself in the trunk before people told me i cant get loud with my tiny ricer can now people sayin my trunk aint legit lol yea i know myshit would get louder in a suv but its loud for 15 in the trunk i could mount those amps in the trunk if i really wanted too and have all 4 seats in my car and the only thing that would give away i have a system is how low the rear end of my car sits

oh my seat kushion and every aspect of my car is still functional i never cut anything out in my car

dont call me a noob brah mkay i never claim to know everything but i know enough **** to have installed everysingle thing in my car on my own for functionality before appearance

the worst part about my trunk is probably the lack of usable space. i can only get a box so big in and out (i'm not building anything inside my trunk since its a daily driver). after such a box build there's barely any room for amps, batts, etc. I can handle the lower TL scores and generally not being as loud. Its the restrictions on space that make me so so sad.

I wish I had a trunk car...because if I did, I wouldn't have to cut a hole in my cabin and bed, killing resale value; buy a bedcover, and fiberglass my box inside and out just to fit more than a single 10".

That's a bit more work than building a box and throwing it in a trunk. You guys have it fucking easy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a trunk car...because if I did, I wouldn't have to cut a hole in my cabin and bed, killing resale value; buy a bedcover, and fiberglass my box inside and out just to fit more than a single 10".
That's a bit more work than building a box and throwing it in a trunk. You guys have it fucking easy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
you ever seen the vid with the guy with a single DP 12 in a single cab truck? fiberglassed box with a 4 in aero had the doors moving on it i dont know where the vid is but that design seemed full of win

Thank you!!! someone who knows bout this ish!!!!

a trunk car everything has to stay in the trunk nothing in the back seats. back seats need to fold up and function but can be down to be conciderd trunck otherwise ur nowall.

it takes time to get a trunk loud. i have a 2.5cf box for a 15" the lowest it is in a trunk i have tested is in the 144s with 3k. it is a drop in crx style box too...

you ever seen the vid with the guy with a single DP 12 in a single cab truck? fiberglassed box with a 4 in aero had the doors moving on it i dont know where the vid is but that design seemed full of win
I can fit up to 1.5 cubes in mine before the blowthrough...and have no room for amps without removing the center console.

I can fit up to 1.5 cubes in mine before the blowthrough...and have no room for amps without removing the center console.
the entire box im talking about in the single cab truck was fiberglassed along the back wall portuding about 3 inches from it with a single 4 in aero if theres a will theres a way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.