Anyone actually hear these in person?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I gotta think on it. I like my cdt speakers in the saturn but the excursion on those rockvilles is stupid 🤣
That excursion is good for bass but it also comes at a price if your using it as a midbass that plays up to 4000 HZ in a 2 way system. It doesn’t have very good SQ above 300 HZ. As a midbass in a 3 way setup where the 6x9 will only be used from approx. 65 HZ - 300 or 400 HZ it will do pretty good.

Last edited:
The rockvilles will also work as a subwoofer but there is a dip down at around 50 HZ and a little peak at your port tuning, so it has a dip in response. The higher you tune the port, the better they sound but a sacrifice to the low end. Heavy metal, country rock and old school rap listeners might enjoy these tuned at 38 HZ or so. Try to play some of the new rap that has 35 HZ and below content and these will have troubles.

That excursion is good for bass but it also comes at a price if your using it as a midbass that plays up to 4000 HZ in a 2 way system. It doesn’t have very good SQ above 300 HZ. As a midbass in a 3 way setup where the 6x9 will only be used from approx. 65 HZ - 300 or 400 HZ it will do pretty good.
Whatever driver I get probably wouldn't be playing above 200-300hz and hp'd at 70ish hz

Last edited:
I.ve run them in a ported enclosure and came thinking they would be better suited to a .5 cu ft sealed/stuffed box. They are pretty strong from 65-70+ as a woofer to about 400 hz. Massive motor on these things!

I.ve run them in a ported enclosure and came thinking they would be better suited to a .5 cu ft sealed/stuffed box. They are pretty strong from 65-70+ as a woofer to about 400 hz. Massive motor on these things!
They want big sealed boxes. At .5 your F3 is at about 63 HZ. Your cabin gain will help some, but if you put them in 1 cube your F3 will lower down in the 50s somewhere. You can even go as high as 2 cubes sealed with them. If someone had a couple lying around it might be fine to play with them in a 4th order bandpass. I put 2 of these behind the seat of a guys truck once in 2 cubes tuned to 39 HZ. Country music and classic rock guy. He really liked them.

They want big sealed boxes. At .5 your F3 is at about 63 HZ. Your cabin gain will help some, but if you put them in 1 cube your F3 will lower down in the 50s somewhere. You can even go as high as 2 cubes sealed with them. If someone had a couple lying around it might be fine to play with them in a 4th order bandpass. I put 2 of these behind the seat of a guys truck once in 2 cubes tuned to 39 HZ. Country music and classic rock guy. He really liked them.
My point exactly. Sealed, they are pretty decent for midbass output. I bought 4 thinking I would use four of them in the garage for subs. Used two of them, 1 each in 2 cubes each at 45 hz, was decent. Wanted a 4 way for testing on my bench, decided to let the other two sit for another project. Just never got around to using them. Built a couple of GRS 10" HE subs for bass, moved the rockvills into that 3 way setup with some NVX 5.25" comps doing the mids/highs and the rockvilles doing from 60 to 350 in a .5 stuffed chamber, sounds great!

All that for a garage test bench!

I have issues...

Last edited:
My point exactly. Sealed, they are pretty decent for midbass output. I bought 4 thinking I would use four of them in the garage for subs. Used two of them, 1 each in 2 cubes each at 45 hz, was decent. Wanted a 4 way for testing on my bench, decided to let the other two sit for another project. Just never got around to using them. Built a couple of GRS 10" HE subs for bass, moved the rockvills into that 3 way setup with some NVX 5.25" comps doing the mids/highs and the rockvilles doing from 60 to 350 in a .5 stuffed chamber, sounds great!

All that for a garage test bench!

I have issues...
LOL. Some of us have Issues that another can relate too. LOL 😂 😆

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...