Any ideas for my 2002 SE-R Spec V

Originally posted by Spddracer Ya get one of those that goes intot the fender ! The high flow nissan filter is much more restrictive than the half size aftermarket one you can get to go in the fender where it can **** gallons of water into your new engine , Oh by the way that is not coverd by your warranty !! I think the bill was only $5600 on the last one
for imports there is a bypass valve made by aem as far as acouple other companies which lets water bypass youre intake system so that it dosent run in to youre intake manifold and into youre motor but as far as basic cold air systems mostly come in 2 pc so most import drivers know that if you dont got a bypass valve you take off the lower end and put the filter onto the upper half which will convert it to what is called a short ram intake system:banghead:

Originally posted by nismboy6986 no buddy removing the catylitic converter isn't worth what you would do to the enviroment and how loud it would be. Todays cars have very effiecent convertors so the hp increase would be barely noticable and not worth the side effects mainly the one that happens come inspection time. and from what i heard a hi flo cat is only a good option if youre stock one is messed up. Remember we are not dealing with a old dinosouar muscle car but a late model import. the cat don't really rob that much horsepower nowadays
------without the cat the car will run like garbage. the cars computer has two Oxygen sensors, on before the cat, one after. the one before the cat is the one that has the most control over how much fuel is injected into each cylinder, based on engine load. the one after tracks the efficiency of the catalyst. without the cat, expect your check engine light to come on, and stay on. without it, the car is programmed to run the fuel map from the computer. the computer has factory determined values of fuel metering in the case of a catalyst or O2 sensor failure. it pretty much is a limp home function, which means you will lose power and fuel economy.

Originally posted by Xavierracing Thanks everyone but I sold the car and got a 2003 350Z instead
Nice;) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

- Steve

Originally posted by Xavierracing I got a brand new 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. Does anyone have any idea of what I should do to make it faster for as little as possible money wise?
My best friends mom just got an 03 spec-v, we took it out last night and lemme tell you those things are fun as hell. When you accidentally bang third gear, you know you got some power potential.

Originally posted by Spddracer Boy I can have fun on this one !!

If you truley want ot make it faster look into performance camshafts / pistons ect , Have it done by a proff and it will be awesome ! otherwise leave it alone !

Do it right or dont do it !
That was fun....

Originally posted by Spddracer The engine in your car has what 170 HP , Why mess with a good thing , Nissan prides in making the most HP available for any giving engine , Added all this aftermarket crap i.e. cold air intakes which take the air from a hot engine compartment instead of actuall cool air you stock air box gets is the stupidest thing I have ever seen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

will not give you any noticable horsepower . Leave it alone its already a cool car with plenty of go ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. A stock air box is nowhere near enough surface area, not to mention the little teeny hole it has to pull the air through.

yeah, nos is only $700 if you get like a 250HP dual stage made by NOS, you can get a 150 shot from nitrous works for like $450, at least for a mustang.

Yeah different companies different prices - I believe Edelbrock's nitrous system is a little bit cheaper for some vehicles.

- Steve

Originally posted by nswartley you cant just throw NOS straight into ur car, you gotta make some mods to it first or else it will mess the engine up
True - although I seen on someones website, I think it was NOS's....that that make direct bolt up kits that require no modifications what so ever to your engine. I think they only made these kits for the J and F body's...and 5 liter Mustangs. I'll have to check that out again.

- Steve

yes, it will work straight up on the engine, but its going to wear away at all ur parts a lot faster than it would if they were upgraded. but then again, upgraded parts do always last longer W/O nos......im contradicting my self //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.