Amp problems please help

Ls1killer98

Ok so I just got a amp today hooked it up and when I put the power wire to it it arched and blew the fuse, so I took the ground out put the power wire in and it did the same thing when I put the ground back in. So I left both hooked up went to change the fuse same thing and now my wire terminals look like **** from all the arching any help?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited by a moderator:
possible internal short in your amp. doesn't look good.
That's what I thought at first BUT.... When I mounted amp it was upside down to where you couldn't read it so I flipped it over and didn't think anything of it and wired it up the same way but the ground and 12v since I flipped the amp were wired backwards:uhoh: I feel like such a jackass cause it was pissing me off lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Yea at least it wasn't the amp lol. And I'm more than happy with this combo wasn't expecting it to do much cause it's just a 12" p1 it's by no means the loudest I've had but I really wasnt excepting much at all from it

lol, and lucky. many times, it fries the reverse protection diodes, especially doing it 3x. cheap fix usually, but still a hassle to have to wait on getting it fixed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.