Amp Kit Brand Quality

Monoprice RCA's >
and surprised no one has mentioned the Execution Audio 0 gauge amp kit

Hell of a price for some good *** wire
The monoprice RCAs are a decent price for standard unshielded RCAs. They'll perform on par with any cheap RCAs, but they are built pretty nicely for the price.

Does your system have a noise problem with your RCAs? If the answer is no, then your RCAs are fine for your application.
Exactly, when a system is done properly and no noise is present, there shouldn't be any problem with using cheaper(but still decent) RCAs and people can put that money onto more important stuff.

I'm kinda a noob so I'm not too familiar with the more expensive kits but I'm currently just using a dinky dink scoche amp wiring kit (got it for convenience as it was right next to the amp) with my comps 12s and 900w amp and it hits about as hard as my friend's (we both have same setup except for wiring kit) and he has a memphis wiring kit. (Again I'm a noob so I'm not even sure it the kit determines how hard the subs hit). His subs do sound deeper than mine, can the wiring kit make a difference as to how deep the bass response is?

I'm kinda a noob so I'm not too familiar with the more expensive kits but I'm currently just using a dinky dink scoche amp wiring kit (got it for convenience as it was right next to the amp) with my comps 12s and 900w amp and it hits about as hard as my friend's (we both have same setup except for wiring kit) and he has a memphis wiring kit. (Again I'm a noob so I'm not even sure it the kit determines how hard the subs hit). His subs do sound deeper than mine, can the wiring kit make a difference as to how deep the bass response is?
No. That would be more of an enclosure issue. Are we talking Walmart wire here? What gauge?

its more how much noise gets through to your speakers. With subs, you wont hear it that much but with mids and highs, you'll hear unwanted noise with unshielded flea market brand 4 channel kits.

You shouldn't notice a difference between a Scosche sub woofer kit and a Memphis sub woofer kit assuming they are the same gauge wire size.

If your using one subwoofer kit thats 8 gauge power and ground with 12 gauge wiring to the subs compared to a kit thats using 12 gauge power and ground with 18 gauge wire for your subs. Then you'll see a difference.

Subwoofer kits make more of a difference in higher power levels, lets say your running 2000+ watts rms and you have 2 choices. 1: those shietty soundquest 0 gauge kits from amazon for dirt cheap. Its copper clad aluminum and its actually the size of 4 gauge wiring. 2: Sky high audio 0 gauge kits which are oxygen free copper AND they are true to size. You'll get more current to your amp with the sky high audio because 1, its bigger and true to size, 2, its made of pure copper which is a lot more conductive then aluminium/aluminum blend. So therefore with more current going to the amp, the amp will produce more power therefore making the system louder.

As for your friend's subs hitting deeper, its either 1: as pointed out by doesdad, different enclosures, different response in frequencies. 2: you might have the subs positioned in different spots which will affect the sound. Or 3: his vehicle's cabin gain is different then yours resulting in different sounding bass. Sub setups will sound different in each car.

How are the stinger 4000s 4ch RCAs
I personally would not use any of stinger's RCAs except for the top of the line.. However, their top of the line RCAs aren't worth the price, IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

How are the stinger 4000s 4ch RCAs
I personally would not use any of stinger's RCAs except for the top of the line.. However, their top of the line RCAs aren't worth the price, IMO.

So wait, the amp kit brand doesn't matter too much, the gauge of the wire does?
What matters is the gauge as conforming to the AWG standard, the quality of the wire inside, the quality of the jacket in terms of chemical and heat resistance and flexibillity, the quality of the other items in the kit such as speaker wire, RCAs, terminals, fuse and fuse holder, etc. You can't judge an amplifier installation kit on the wire gauge alone, the brand name, or if it's your favorite color.

they are expensive, just like rockford and kicker kits, overpriced. Go with sky high or knukonceptz.
They are what I already have. Wondering if they are good enough or if i should upgrade? Sonic says they are OFC and true gauge, but you cant always trust the seller.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.