Amp in protect mode

I just wanted to see if anyone could help me here, I’ve been looking for a direct answer to this, I Installed my Kenwood excelon amp, and my Rockford Fosgate Dual 10 inch P1 yesterday and ever since I got power running to the amp it has been in protect mode, ground is solid, I tried unplugging all RCA cables and audio out cables to the sub and it’s still in protect mode, I have a 4 gauge wire coming from the battery with an inline 60amp fuse, and 2 30 amp fuses in the amp itself, it will not turn on, just stays in protect mode from the instant it receives power. Wiring is all solid, and intact, no idea what’s going on.
Try removing the Sub wiring off the amplifier and restart the amplifier to see if it returns to Normal/Green and not into protect. If it goes into Protect.. there is an issue with the amplifier

I don't think that is even a thing. All protect circuits and "smart" power supplies just sense current draw.
Something else is wrong here and almost always an amp that won't come out of protect mode is dead. It might be if this is indeed .28V or something it would trigger the power and protect lights but I'd think that none of that would even come on at all <10V

JL Audio RIPS technology and I think older PPI, had sensing to lower rail voltage based on impedance at turn on, but that has never been a common feature on amps, and I don't think it stopped the amps from turning on from too low impedance. Not sure about the newer micro-controlled amps. I only brought that up, as I don't think the speakers being the wrong impedance is the issue, but, knowing the model of the amp to look up the specs should indicate if this amp has anything special, which I doubt.

Try removing the Sub wiring off the amplifier and restart the amplifier to see if it returns to Normal/Green and not into protect. If it goes into Protect.. there is an issue with the amplifier
If it is normal and Green. and not into protect.. There may be an issue with the sub. Check subwoofer with DMM on each coil/coils for Ohm limitation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...