Amp Cutting Off Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

bholiday_99

I installed two Ecplise door speakers 6.5, and hooked them up to my 4 channel 200watt Jensen amp. When I turn the music up past 30, the front speakers cut in and out. I turned off the sub amp, and ran just the Jensen one, and the speakers were still cutting off and on. The Jensen amp is not buring hot, and not turning all the way off. Not sure if it is a wiring problem, power problem, or if the Jensen is about to no work anymore. Any Ideas would be great. Thanks.

Ok will turn down the gains some more, and one other thing to mention, the speakers make a popping sound when turned up, could this also the amp having issues as well?

How would you bridge it? The way its hooked up is a basic way. Its an old 4 channel amp that uses 2 sets of pre-outs, and wiring the speakers for a two channel is: use the pos a and neg b, and neg c and pos d. Hope this all makes sense.

Would like to get another one thinking something like along the lines, of a 100watt 2 channel amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.