Am I asking for too much out of them?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, glad to see you doing good bro and nice truck(seeing as how I work for Toyota....)

IMO, if you tune in the 35-38ish, you should be able to get your 140 mark.

Bassin Buick had 2 AB 8's on 800ish and was in the upper, upper 130's(iirc, 138ish) in a Buick.

With the cone area, you should have enough loading to play into the upper 20's fine with a 38ish tuning. Just give the ports something to load

off of if you can.

Oh yes, thanks for your service!!

Hi, glad to see you doing good bro and nice truck(seeing as how I work for Toyota....)
IMO, if you tune in the 35-38ish, you should be able to get your 140 mark.

Bassin Buick had 2 AB 8's on 800ish and was in the upper, upper 130's(iirc, 138ish) in a Buick.

With the cone area, you should have enough loading to play into the upper 20's fine with a 38ish tuning. Just give the ports something to load

off of if you can.

Oh yes, thanks for your service!!
Thanks I like it.. its got some balls

probably tuning lower than that.. not going do dbs just hoping I can get low and still get loud..

upper 20s?? lol if its only upper 20s I will be thoroughly pissed

they will be loading off the curved back panel that is 5" away and it curves forward so I think it should roll off it pretty well.. I will put a good amount of deadener behind it to make it rigid..

and thanks

I mean with lets say a 35hz tuning, you should be good down to 25hz or so before they start to unload. Not 120db..lol
OH!! lol I was going to say.. alright well it will be with aero ports and will start with lower tuning and work my way up.. might grab two extra aeros incase I go to high..

I have done a few nice 8" set ups. The last was with a 1508 in .75 tuned to 43 hz. It played fine down to abut 35 hz with out the loading wall.

(For my taste, I like the higher tuning....)

But yes, having the aero ports will help a ton with tuning changes and testing.

well pulled the trigger 4 sa-8s 1 saz3kd on their way.. the saz is for overhead.. I am tired of running amps at their full power as I listen to my music loud 90% of the time so them running that hot all the time can't be great.. hopefully these sound perty gudd otherwise I will have to find a new substage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.