Alt ? Honda

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason Eden
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 99/00 si 1.6. B16. Motor are there any good bolt on upgrades or do I have to spend 500 or so for a good alt ? A buddy said something about having it rewound but the place he used doesn't have a kit for my alt ? Thanks. I'm not going to compete I just want system to be good without issues. 2 saz1500 and 1 sax 100-4 Thanks.

i have a friend that bought one of the ebay Alts that was 150a i think and he is running 3k in his honda with very little voltage drop and has been running the alt over a year now with no issues. i have 99 accord ex and thinking about trying the same thing. My stock alt doesnt do to bad considering its like 80-85amps so if i get a 150a from there and it only does 120a that would probably keep up with mine pretty good. mine stays around 12.1-12.3v(depending the song, and no i back off alittle when it gets that low). But 120a should keep me around 13v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.