alpine type r or punch hx2

Originally posted by audiocraze i been arguing with my friends about what hit harder 15'' punch hx2 or 15''alpine type r. can you plpease settle this argument.
What size box? How many watts?

- Steve

depends, i have done 140db with my type r 15 and over 1000 watts going to it in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure.....and it's an sq vehicle....

i got two type r 15's in my cruiser and they hit good. never measured though. do you think its worth competing with my set up? kenwood deck with a ten disc, two typr r 15's with a boss rev-3000d amp ( supposedly 3000 watts @ 1 ohm), infinity in the rears, and alpine pushing the interior. stock speakers in the dash and doors. two 1 farad capacitors.

let me know what you think. any guesses on the db's i would be pushing?

Thanks, wendall

Hey when you get money I would say add some kappa 6x9 and 6.5 to the doors and dash and even a couple of infinity betadigi 100 amps for the 6x9 and the 6.5 and you would be doing pretty good....I liked my boss amp, but its not giving you 3000watts you are probably getting about 1800...I would suggest when you have the money get you a couple jbl bp1200.1 and you will probably hit around after all is done im gonna guess at about 145db

i would speculate around 135 or so
boy, i'd hope for a little better, the boss amp maybe a handicap though. i get almost a 136 from my set-up. while that's not bad for eight's that would be embrassing for 15's.

to the original question, all things being equal, i think the hx2's win the spl part. while the sq of hx2's has always been disputed here, mine are a little muddy in their ported box, i would give the sq edge to the type r's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.