alpine type r help

Those are fine subs. Now the question is:

What are you putting these in? So we know how much room you have for a box/type of box best suited for your listening prefference

What type of music do you listen to most.

How much $ do you have to spend on the whole setup?

All this will cost. I would say $350 for amp +/-

Box $25-$150 depends on who builds and how. could get to be more if it is done by a shop.

I would put 800rms on each one. to be in the middle.

Make sure you run at least 4gauge if not 0/gauge and toss in a second battery.

Overall, they're a good sub. They definitely get loud (assuming a good box) and sound pretty decent. They'll work well in anywhere from 1.1-2.5ft3 each ported, as for power look for an amp that does between 1000-2000rms at 1 ohm and you'll be good.

Thanks I usually to rap and I Have a volvo 740 sedan lol so I have decent space but I still want somewhat of a usuable trunk so a regular rectangle box is probubly going to be hard becuase of the unusual trunk (I'll post a pic soon) I don't want to spend more than $800- 900

im confused should i get the 2 ohms or the 4 ohms becuase it seems that there are no reasonably priced amps that will put out the kind of power at 4 ohms that these subs are meant for and if i get a mono amp are those just meant for one sub how would i wire it. i obv have a lot of questions so any help is appretiacted

12" R's do GREAT on around 700RMS a piece.

For a daily setup, i would reccomend putting them in 2-2.5cu ft net each, ported around 30hz. Give em a total of 1500-ish RMS and you will have a very very nice setup.

ok i could use some advice on these also. here is what i have and any pointers would be great :)

2004 Grand Cherokee

1/0 wire ran

2 - Fosgate T1000bd (both birthed at over 1400RMS @ 1ohm low 900's at 2ohm)

2 - 12" 4ohm DVC R series

Yellow top in the back

right now i have them in a sealed box

1 amp per sub running 900w RMS @ 2ohm

Now most likly getting a second sent of brand new r's for free

now what kind of box, how should i upgrade/change my setup etc....

wanna get the most i can with what i got. budget is open to extent, i dumped a **** ton of money this weekend for all i have already =)

Ok well...i dont think pushing 1000watts to these works very well...i put two 12's on 2 Rockford T1000 pushing 900-950watts RMS @ 2 OHM ...i have officially fried both subs in 48 hours....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.