gnesterenko
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

Alpine PLT-5 250RMS powered subwoofer

Item(s) Description/Condition:

# amplified subwoofer system with Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology

# six 5-inch woofer cones in Ultra Reflex subwoofer box

# Alpine PDX 250-watt RMS digital amplifier

# variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

# bass boost (0-12 dB @ 45 Hz) with wired remote control

# subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

# phase control (0, 180 degrees)

# speaker- and preamp-level inputs

# 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended

# 21-5/8"W x 13-3/8"H x 8-7/8"D1 x 6-3/16"D2

# 47 lbs

Detailed Link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VDFU1O2ZYb8/p_500PLT5/Alpine-PLT-5-br-LAT-Subwoofer-System.html

These got a lot of flak for powered subwoofers, but from personal use over almost 2 years, this thing is perfect entry level sub for someone who just wants a no-hassle install without needing to worry about a separate amp. Plenty loud, never over-driven, and always crossed-over in the 80-85Hz region.

Functionality: 10/10

Cosmetic: 6/10

Runs perfectly, but has seen better days in terms of looks. A bit dusty and does have a few very minor scuffs on the chassis - nothing to affect function at all. The only thing I could find wrong with it: the side panel hiding the wiring connections snaps on to the sub using 8 plastic snap pieces/clips - of these 3 have broken. This doesn't impact how secure the side panel is - stays on there just fine. See pictures.

Price:

$230 OBO shipped. A bit on the high side, but this thing is heavy, and shipping is pricey.

$180 OBO for local pickup.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Got it new and have been the only owner, running it for a bit over a year in my old car. Got rid of the car and upgrading to something with a little more power for my next build, so no reason to hold on to it.

Can also include an amplifier power kit (power/ground/fuse/turn on lead - no RCA) for an extra $10 if you want.

Local obviously easier/faster/preferred. Otherwise will ship with USPS. Payment through PayPal Gift STRONGLY preferred unless local, then cash of course.

Item Pictures:

alpineplt5main.jpg

alpineplt5front.jpg

alpineplt5front2.jpg

alpineplt5back.jpg

alpineplt5side.jpg

alpineplt5iowithcover.jpg

alpineplt5sidewithoutco.jpg

alpineplt5iowithoutcove.jpg

alpineplt5sidepanel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I suppose I should entertain something. Don't really need anything car-audio wise at the moment - got all those parts. A high capacity iPod would go a long way (possibly with me even paying you some cash in addition to the sub). Umm, could also be convinced to look into some power tools? I have been looking to get a circular saw, a nice lithium cordless drill. Lets see, what else what else. Oh, if you have any Park Tools bicycle tool sets, also a possibility. Also have been looking to get a new printer since mine is so old, its actually cheaper for me to buy a new one then to replace the ink cartridge... something of the mono-chrome laser vareity, preferably networkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...