Alpine IVA-D106

Participant count
  • Participant list

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an alpine flip out but the iPod adapter looks pretty mangled. I don't really want to wait to get one shipped so can i just connect my iPod to an AUX? My Cube has a built in iPod charger that won't be an issue.

Your Alpine used the Full Speed Ipod cable correct? Not the KCA-420 adapter? (was a separate silver box for the older Alpine HUs) If so, then why not just get another Full Speed Cable, they are pretty cheap now, Alpine IVA D106 iPod Cable New | eBay

Otherwise you could just switch your Alpine to aux and get a 3.5mm to RCA cable from somewhere and hook it up like that, but personally, I like being able to control my Ipod from my HU....charges it too, but thats not a big issue with you, lol.

It uses the adapter, unless they hid the USB really well. i have the adapter except the part that plugs into the iPod is totally destroyed.

I've never had a good experience with controlling an iPod though the HU, i have a 64 GB one that's full.

Im going to try the AUX route first before getting a new adapter.

thanks for the help

Sure man no problem....I have an older Alpine 9835 and I use the aux adapter with it all the time, could have gotten the KCA 420 adapter thats made for my Ipod, but the interface is older and dated and very slow lol......using the Aux works fine, and lets me use my phone if I forget my Ipod at the house.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.