Alpine CDA-9887 Vs. Kenwood KVT-512 Dvd?

crfrider
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Oklahoma
a yes im trying to decide between these two, i know its the top in the apline line as far as cd players, and the DVD is the bottom of the kenwood line, there both for $350, im tryin to decide if i want to go with a dvd player or the alpine for eq purposes, i also have had a Pioneer DVD in dash stolin before and that scares me from buying another one, but since im going to spend 350 on a HU i want to know what would be a better choice? thanks

Youre comparing 2 very different HU's here.I havent looked at the Kenwood but you'll have a hard time finding someone here that has a bad thing to say about the Alpine.Right now I have an Eclipse Double DIN in my car and Im thinking of selling it for the 9887.Its a very good SQ HU.

A little confused about the comparison...CD vs. DVD...but, IMO, Alpine CDA-9887 all the way! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Of course, I'm a bit biased...been a 9887 owner for almost 2 years now...love it!

And I have, over the course of that time, been able to "fine tune" how to set the amps before running the Imprint software for the best results. Alpine could do a little better on their documentation with respect to Imprint, but hey, nobody's perfect! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Love my buddies 9887. We just purchased Imprint sound and are getting good results. You really have to dig around for good information online. Don't depend on Alpines user manual for the Sound Manager!

Love my buddies 9887. We just purchased Imprint sound and are getting good results. You really have to dig around for good information online. Don't depend on Alpines user manual for the Sound Manager!
Here's a link to a thread where I posted some pointers on getting the Imprint software to provide some good results:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403039&highlight=imprint&page=2

Scroll down to post #19.

I agree that Alpine's documentation on Imprint is pretty lame...I've had two years to screw around with it and get it to where I like it. It takes some messing around with though, especially for the sub amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.