Almost New JBL GTi MKII 15" D6 subwoofer.

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
Item(s) for Sale:

JBL GTi MKII 15" Subwoofer with dual 6ohm coils

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Bought this new about 5-6 months ago ran it on an ED Nine.1 for about a month at 3ohms (not much power) and pulled the dust cap about a week ago because I put a ding in it with a soccer ball in my trunk. I was intending to replace it but JBL has been taking a few weeks to send my dustcap in and I need the money now.

These are being discontinued as well as the Power series and both will be replaced by an inferior sub for a while. It sounds retarded but these are usually too rich for peoples blood considering they cost around 400 at minimum and like around 800-1000 watts rms. They sound incredible though and get loud off of little power, very efficient subs.

Price:

I'll do 250+ship.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping will probably cost from 25-30 based on other equipment I've shipped recently. FedEx ground and boxed like a tank. I could even get ahold of a manufacturers box to ship it in if you'd like.

Item Pictures:

Pics show some dust on the surround and cone but I will clean them off before shipping. Also, the coil was covered while it sat so no dust would get in there.

Weird white spot on coil picture was me blurring out the serial number on photobucket. Doesn't actually look like that.

DSCN1916.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

Ok, first off, I had one on low power in my Neon (around 300 watts) sealed, and it did get down, louder on that power than my 187 15" was. Secondly, the D6 wired in parallel with the jumpers makes for a 3 ohm load, but with rise, the amp sees closer to 4 ohm. Third, 250 used + ship is a bit high. I couldn't get bites for 200+ shipping on one that was in better shape.
Good luck, whoever ends up getting this sub is getting one of the BEST sounding woofers on the market.
Was number 2 aimed at somebody? As far as the condition, it is hard to beat perfect. I'll just get the new dustcap and redo the thread. Thanks for the good luck and it is one of the best sounding woofers. I think the price is fair and although it might take a little longer to find the right buyer, I believe it is worth it to me. I'll just hold it until somebody wants to buy it. These subs are discontinued now and it will be increasingly difficult to find a mint one to run in a quality setup.

This is not gone yet???Wow. Would love to try it, but man it needs a HUGE box. And the D6 always kills me. Lol.
I stopped bumping it when I went back to Dallas for my summer break. Now i'm back on my learning grind so I have it for sale again! Buy it! I had it in a few diff boxes and it sounded great in all of them. I did 3.5 cubes at 30 and 8.5 cubes at 27ish. Both were on the lower power but it was awesome in both cases. One of the more musical subs I have ever heard.

I stopped bumping it when I went back to Dallas for my summer break. Now i'm back on my learning grind so I have it for sale again! Buy it! I had it in a few diff boxes and it sounded great in all of them. I did 3.5 cubes at 30 and 8.5 cubes at 27ish. Both were on the lower power but it was awesome in both cases. One of the more musical subs I have ever heard.
It better be musical! I would probably put more power on it, so the box doesnt have to be big as @#$%, I really can maybe fit 3.25 cubes or a lil more in my car. Whats the mounting depth on it?

It better be musical! I would probably put more power on it, so the box doesnt have to be big as @#$%, I really can maybe fit 3.25 cubes or a lil more in my car. Whats the mounting depth on it?

My measurements show 10.25" depth. They take power VERY well and sound soo sick. It kills me that I have to let it go because they stopped building them as of a few months ago. The shop that I work with has 1 in stock and 4 shops from around the nation have been calling them to try and buy it from them. They are supposedly one of the only authorized dealers to have 1 in stock now.

My measurements show 10.25" depth. They take power VERY well and sound soo sick. It kills me that I have to let it go because they stopped building them as of a few months ago. The shop that I work with has 1 in stock and 4 shops from around the nation have been calling them to try and buy it from them. They are supposedly one of the only authorized dealers to have 1 in stock now.
PM best price for just sub. I will handle shipping.

Was number 2 aimed at somebody? As far as the condition, it is hard to beat perfect. I'll just get the new dustcap and redo the thread. Thanks for the good luck and it is one of the best sounding woofers. I think the price is fair and although it might take a little longer to find the right buyer, I believe it is worth it to me. I'll just hold it until somebody wants to buy it. These subs are discontinued now and it will be increasingly difficult to find a mint one to run in a quality setup.
I think I misread what the guy with the pair said. Didn't mean to sound like a ****, I was pointing it out to people who might have thought it wouldn't be worth running the sub because of the D6 coils. And I know that it's difficult to find them BNIB in a brick and mortar setting, but there's still more than a few online that are available.

And the GTi mkII being DC'ed was news to me. Last I checked, JBL still had them listed on their site as current product, along with the new MS stuff, and still has an option to buy them directly, albeit at a 599.99 price tag.

But honestly, if I were you, I'd just hold on to it. One of the nicest subs I've heard to date. I wish I wouldn't have sold mine.

I think I misread what the guy with the pair said. Didn't mean to sound like a ****, I was pointing it out to people who might have thought it wouldn't be worth running the sub because of the D6 coils. And I know that it's difficult to find them BNIB in a brick and mortar setting, but there's still more than a few online that are available.
And the GTi mkII being DC'ed was news to me. Last I checked, JBL still had them listed on their site as current product, along with the new MS stuff, and still has an option to buy them directly, albeit at a 599.99 price tag.

But honestly, if I were you, I'd just hold on to it. One of the nicest subs I've heard to date. I wish I wouldn't have sold mine.

Ah, I gotcha man, I guess I took that the wrong way. No worries. I might end up holding on to it for a while but I really don't need it much and could spend the money elsewhere. They discontinued them a few months ago or something. That's what I was told by some insiders at least. The MS stuff is low grade in my opinion. They are super lame compared to the P1's and MKII's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.