Airbags...why are they bad?

So definetly not some thing to get if you just want to lower your ride, right?
You need to know the correct term before asking. FAST BAGS. The only draw back is the decreased ride comfort, like adding hydros. You can get them to do any thing from up/down, side to side, 3 wheel stance, hopping.

They are just like hydros, just cheaper. I know a lot of people down here with them. Most on SUV's. And hopping an expodition is fun:naughty:

The misinformation in this thread is mindboggling. A well installed setup won't wreck you vehicle at all. Depending on your setup, you can have a simple lower/raise setup, or you can have a more complex F.B.S.S. setup. If anything airs gonna mess up less stuff on your car then hydraulics, but thats a whole other story. What kinda vehicle are we talking about here anyways, it will be easier to help you out when we know that.

The misinformation in this thread is mindboggling. A well installed setup won't wreck you vehicle at all. Depending on your setup, you can have a simple lower/raise setup, or you can have a more complex F.B.S.S. setup. If anything airs gonna mess up less stuff on your car then hydraulics, but thats a whole other story. What kinda vehicle are we talking about here anyways, it will be easier to help you out when we know that.
Didn't have any specific car in mind...Just talking about airbags in general.

first off, hydros would atleast make more of a mess if not damage something more so than any air setup. the damage done with bags is the install if done wrong. u can blow bags yes, but thats what u risk when layin out a ride, but air ride just sells a raise lower deal if u dont want to layin frame. i honestly cant help this thread as its beyond retarded info.

trigger, know the correct terms....FAST BAGS is not the correct term. airride is. 'bags if ur around people into them, and u can get fast slow medium, whatever bags. air cylinders, hydraulics, whatever. yall shall see when i start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

first off, hydros would atleast make more of a mess if not damage something more so than any air setup. the damage done with bags is the install if done wrong. u can blow bags yes, but thats what u risk when layin out a ride, but air ride just sells a raise lower deal if u dont want to layin frame. i honestly cant help this thread as its beyond retarded info.

trigger, know the correct terms....FAST BAGS is not the correct term. airride is. 'bags if ur around people into them, and u can get fast slow medium, whatever bags. air cylinders, hydraulics, whatever. yall shall see when i start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bingo. I'm around people in to them. Installed my first set on a old friends astro van. Before they were fast lol. So the correct term is fast bags. You ask people who don't know about them, you can call them whatever you want. They still will not know.

You need to go to a shop and ask questions. No way in hell you're going to install them yourself. After looking at your craftsmanship, I doubt you would be able to do the necesary install/welding work...

oh my god you stupid fucking border swiming sack of ****. find something else to spend your dads money on besides gel to slick your hair back and 'low riders'. you've already disgraced a 4x4 with ugly ass rims. now you want to castrate it? i thought your dad wanted to do good for society instead of promoting your faggotry. swear to god, tell your slut ass mom to let the next trash man use a rubber next time and not let the fluids simmer inside

Bingo. I'm around people in to them. Installed my first set on a old friends astro van. Before they were fast lol. So the correct term is fast bags. You ask people who don't know about them, you can call them whatever you want. They still will not know.
You need to go to a shop and ask questions. No way in hell you're going to install them yourself. After looking at your craftsmanship, I doubt you would be able to do the necesary install/welding work...

my craftsmanship with wood does not say **** about my skill with body work and welding and metal.

thats like saying u **** at roller skating, i bet u cant bike either.

Grant...I think he was referring to raisdin's craftsmanship...

But on topic, I've been to an Airride demo where they let you take an STi out on a Tein system IIRC and then on their airride system. The airride was alot softer, more comfortable, which isnt what you want in a race-car, but it surprised you what they could do through 95+mph turns; minimal body roll and stiffness. Have it done professionally and you'll be fine.

Well the key is if installed correctly they wont mess your car up. That just means have the **** done by a pro, not you and your buddy on the weekend(just an example, not a shot at you and chinny, cause i know ppl like to take shots at yall) Hell, Look at deisel trucks, they put over a million miles on them things, and they all have air ride. sure you get leaks, and bags bust, but as far as i know, you jsut repair em, and keep on truckin'.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.