AGM battery or just regular car battery? S.O.S

Ali2627

Hi i got a 300W sub nothing crazy my regular car battery has gone bad according to a free test at Autozone car starts and runs fine with this sub for the years I've had it.

I heard about AGM batteries would this be better for my car i wana use the auto headlight feature on my car too where the lights stay on 30 sec after i park. (100W HIDS)

So in short my car didn't come with AGM batteries but will installing one be more safe/stable pick? than regular? or should i just buy a regular battery with a higher CCA (500 is stock )

PS Car is keyless entry if the battery dies I'm locked out no Emergency Key.
2015 acura ilx 2.0L

Last edited:
wtf called costco they dont carry AGM looked at Autozone they out of stock for all and none at Walmart

where the hell do i buy AGM? i need 500 CCA group size idk if I'm right r51

Not sure if this is even a Legit question? but anyway to answer you're question yes you can use an agm battery on that car. Finding one in stock shouldn't be hard as any autoparts store or Walmart will have them. Expect to pay 150+

If you can afford it, then get an AGM, biggest one you can fit. Retail source doesn't matter since basically every battery is going to be made by Johnson Control anyways (just with different stickers on it). Just get the cheapest unless you want a warranty. The big flashy brands like optica and interstate are often going to be more than the no-names because they've gotta pay for advertising.

Actually there is 4 battery companies in the US and 6 overall total in the world. So no not everything is made by Johnson Controls. Enersys aka Energizer makes Odyssey and Northstar batteries both great AGM. Also stay away from Optima I've seen what they look like when cut in half from my days as a parts store manager. Freaking junk even though they are made by Johnson Controls. Interstate isn't as great as people make it either. Walmart Everstart MAXX is a JC battery and is the same thing as the Diehard that so many people love.

http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

310$?? for a battery 3 yr warranty? no way @Dafaseles I've seen way more powerful CCA AGM batteries on i think autozone for 199$ like 700-800 CCA but they are super big sizes like for a SUV/TRUCK soooo yeeeeee :/ wish i could just buy from Walmart or something

310$?? for a battery 3 yr warranty? no way @Dafaseles I've seen way more powerful CCA AGM batteries on i think autozone for 199$ like 700-800 CCA but they are super big sizes like for a SUV/TRUCK soooo yeeeeee :/ wish i could just buy from Walmart or something
I was just looking for something that fit. Not to mention, I could be wrong, but I've always been under the understanding that in car audio, we want the most amp hours for our system. How does cold cranking amps effect an audio system?

You don't need an AGM and you are going to have a hard fine finding them in a 51r. Step up to a G34 and it's no problem.
You are going to spend at least 50% more for an AGM and that isn't going to gain you anything at all with a 300 watt amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.