ACC touched R/R + Need help!! :-(

adamwilson301
10+ year member

While trying to get my power antenna and 12" woofers to work at the same time (they are now) I accidentally touched the Violet (Rear right Speaker +) to the Red (+ 12V ignition Wire) and now none of my 12 speakers are getting sound to them. But my 2 subwoofers are. I checked every fuse 3 times none are blown. I know I should of taken the radio fuse out I just got cocky and did it thinking meh its only 4 wires im redoing nothing will happen... Well now my antenna works great but what good does it do me if I cant listen to what it receives lol.

I also checked the fuse on the back of the Panasonic Head unit too it is good.

Anyone know where something went wrong? I need help bad lol no radio is torture.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Thanks, Brian.

:-( I am a teen I was eager to get it working been at it for days n hours just got to impatient to keep doing that I took the fuse out taht gave it power every time sept that one though :-(

Okay now we are getting somewhere. I just uncrimped them by mistake so I could crimp the antenna wire and the sub wire. I didnt realize I uncrimped the Violet one it looked pink and the Schematic I saw said pink was the GM stock antenna wire color stupid auto pilot brain of mine.

So here is where you see just how illiterate I am with electronics.

What is a where is the outputs and what is an HU.

And can I fix this myself? WHat will I need to buy and about how much would it cost?

HU = Head Unit = Radio (ur panasonic)

9 times outta 10, your speaker outputs (speaker wires coming out of HU) are shot. Just run a 4 channel amp for front and rear speakers, and you'll have a dead head (no speaker output, just RCA)

HU = Head Unit = Radio (ur panasonic)
9 times outta 10, your speaker outputs (speaker wires coming out of HU) are shot. Just run a 4 channel amp for front and rear speakers, and you'll have a dead head (no speaker output, just RCA)
Thanks. and thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!

Okay got the HU out there is not a way to tell by looking at the outside if the outputs on the HU are shot?

incase these would somehow help lol

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

can't look on the outside. you got a dmm? if so, hook it up where it should be playing and test the speaker outs to see if they are working

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.