A lot of rumble :(

xpartmgr
10+ year member

My bass *****! I have 1 Alpine type R 12" sub in a q-logic box sealed and an Alpine F357 5 channel amp. It is in the back of my x-cab truck. The bass *****, it sounds like it rumbles to much. If I cross it over at 50 htz it sounds pretty good but obviously this leaves a huge gap it the music and some music doesn't even have any bass that low so hardly no bass comes out. If I cross it at 80 htz it rumbles alot and sounds like Sh!t. I have tried the sub in two different boxes and it sounds about the same in both. Could it be that my amp just can't "push" that sub? I notice that sometimes the sub seems to make a popping noise, mostly when I turn the gain up. The problem is that even with the gain all the way down on the front 4 channels the bass can't seem to keep up so I turn the gain up to about half way or maybe a little more. I got the amp given to me so it didn't cost anything but maybe I got what I paid for. What do you guys think? If I can't figure this out soon I will remove the whole thing because it takes up too much room to sound bad.

I heard a Kicker L7 8" in a factory box at a local dealer and it just killed my 12, could it be that it sounded better becuase it was in a ported box? Maybe I should just sell my 12 and get the 8" Kicker!

HELP??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

well the alpine is more of a SQ sub as opposed to the L7...its a SPL sub...ported will add alot of bass as well...but the big prob. is going to be the fact you have a SQ sub...tough luck

yeah he has an SQ sub that is capable of SPL. taylor runs almost 1100 watts RMS to his Type R and hit's 140's with it so dont' call his sub a stict SQ sub. i'd say get a dif. amp you have a 5th channel of am amp giving out prolly like what 100watts to your sub. sell it get a jbl600.1 for your type r it will sound great.

adam

I would say put it in a ported box built to specs . A wise man once said port your box and blow your mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i know for a fact that type r's need at least 3/4 of the rated rms to even dound like booming and the max power for that amp is 300 on the 5th channe and only 100 rms so i wouls update mate at least 250 rms per sub for type r's even 10s as for ported i wouldn't bother r's and ports IMHO not good at all

I put a pair in a ported box for a friend can't remember exact size or tuning. I will check. But they sounded great. The pair of 12's would take your breath away with 750w each. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sounds like your problen is too little power, that type-r will spank any kicker 8" if the box is to spec. sealed or ported.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.