9855 xover question

they apply to both i believe, i know its true with my HU. the HU xover overrides my external amp xover, so i leave it off on my HU. he can try crossing it over at 100hz.
accually if the HU xo is 12db and the amp xo is 12db than you would just have a 24 db slope.

the exxcessive movement in the driver is probbally a couple diffrent things, I would guess you have a ton of power going on and no enclousure behind the speaker. Even with no enclousure you can get a speaker to handle decent and have good responce. I would suggest running the speaker in a enclousure and eq ing down things that are too loud.

For instance if you want more bass dont turn up the low bass turn down the high basskinda thing goin on it sounds like. Dont boost any bass on deck or amp to speaker having problem. Get eq and turn down frequincy than makes speaker sound distorted allowing the rest of the speakers potential be used on bands that can agree with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.