8 8” 4ohm dvc wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list
Need to know what the woofers are, make model, dual, single voice coils and their respective impedances to provide you with the best way to wire for a desired load. Need to know what the amplifier you will be using is also and whether it can handle a .5 ohm load. You indicate in your other thread that you are getting an RF amplifier, they are usually not .5 ohm stable. Might want to keep all this in this or that thread for continuity too.

Need to know what the woofers are, make model, dual, single voice coils and their respective impedances to provide you with the best way to wire for a desired load. Need to know what the amplifier you will be using is also and whether it can handle a .5 ohm load. You indicate in your other thread that you are getting an RF amplifier, they are usually not .5 ohm stable. Might want to keep all this in this or that thread for continuity too.
I have 8 Rockville W8K6D4 V2 dvc 4ohm 1400 peak 350 rms 8” subs. I’m gonna wire them to a Taramps bass 3k 1 ohm 1 channel amp. I’d like to wire everything to 1 ohm

Geez, my brain hurts. It's a series parallel configuration. You will need to run a 4x4 and parallel the two groups.

2 groups of 4 woofer series/parpelle like this then the two groups in parallel should get you to 1 ohms.

1716099033758.png

Last edited:
My brain hurts just looking at those diagrams. It's late so if anyone sees a problem with either of those, please feel free to chime in!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...