750rms to 12" Alpine Type R?

Moparman1539
10+ year member

Ok, so i got a single Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D(Dual 4ohm Voice coil) Wired down to 2ohms

I bought this amp MB Quart DSC1500.1D (Love my friends MB quart amp, and a couple people recommended MB quart for Accurate RMS ratings, good quality, and cheaper price tag)

The sub can handle 500watts RMS, and the amp is putting down around 750watts RMS. I DON'T want to blow my new sub. Do i have to worry much? Ive read about people putting 700, 800, 1000 watts to 1 and being ok. But I'm kinda skeptical. Ive never had a system (or built one) where the amp was a lot more powerful than the sub(s) can handle. So any advice on how not to blow the sub? And the correct way to set the gain? I don't have a GOOD voltage meters or anything like that.

Also if it matters I'm running true 4 gauge wire to the amp, and 12 gauge from the amp to the sub.

Thanks!!

You'll be fine. Mine are taking over 1800w RMS each right now and they're doing okay. Like any sub, use common sense...if you hear distortion or smell voice coils, turn them down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They can take a tonnn of power, but like said above , its all about common sense.

Just cuz ur engine can rev too 7000rpm, doesn't mean it can hold there all day long.

I had about 2300 a piece on my 2 and beat the crap out of them , just gotta turn it down when ya get a wiff of goodness ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.