6 REX8's

TheMan007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am thinking about running 6 REX 8's under the back seat of my pick up truck, my question is how do you all think they will sound in a sealed enclosure, would they get loud and would they hit the lows, also they will be in a 2.1 cu ft. enclosure if I go sealed, aslo I was wondering how they would sound in a 2.4 enclosure ported. Any thoughts would be appreciated

to fit 6 each under your seat ported will be louder than 6 each sealed under your seat

can you fit 6 each in there?

i would go no smaller than 1/2 cu foot net after displacement for each driver

and i would use about 250 to 450 watts per driver

were are you planning to buy them

I just talked to the guy at RE and he said with the space I got I could either to the optimal sealed which is 2.52 with displacement added or the compact ported which is the same cubic ft but ported at 35hz he said that the sealed would give me better output and better sound, I also have a little over 2000 watts at 1 ohm, how much can these really take daily because the total load of the subs will be 1.3 and i dont want to blow them

you can fit 6 ported, with a 2" seat lift....you should be able to get about 3 cubes after the lift, which will be perfect for 6....i recently built a box for 4 rex8's in 2cubes at 34hz, and they got pretty loud....i currently doing a box for under the seat of a chevy 2500, for 2 10" type r's ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TheMan007

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
TheMan007
Long Beach, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date