5900 auto windows?

Mtrhd329
10+ year member

OJust wanted to check and make sure that this will work like I am thinking. The viper 5900 has a "comfort closure seting that can be setup using the bitwriter. This will lock your doors when the system arms. So I was thinking of using the door unlock/lock wires to power my windows instead of door locks. By programming the comfort closure, when I arm the alarm I will get a 20s pulse of "lock" function. This will be wired to the windows in the "up polarity" The if I want to roll them down by remote I Disarm the system and hold the button and it rolls the window down.

Maybe a good way to shave the handles and not have to do anything but run a few wires.

Does this sound like it will work or should I run them off of Channel 4/5 with them both programmed to link with arm/disarm.

Any help is appreciated!!! thanks!

What kind of vehicle is this? The comfort closure feature is meant to be used with vehicles that automatically roll the windows up when you hold the key in the door lock. Operating window motors directly, through a timed circuit, is usually not recommended; for safety reasons and because it will shorten the life of your window motors.

For most vehicles, you're better off using a window control module, like a Directed 530T.

Ya i wanted to see if i can make/build one rather than buying one. I have a lot of relays and other misc crap from my days installing and I need to use it up anyway.

Found out the ground wire for my window switches doesnt like it to be hooked to the alarm directly. I think i will just wire the up to ch4 and the down to ch5. Maybe through some relays or something.

Got it done.....used two relays and now my windows go down with a button push and back up with one. Not bad for a free mod.
so your car doesn't have the auto up/down windows through the door and you still wired it w/o the 530t? can we get pinouts for the relays plz?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.