5 channel amp with factory deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

vallan

I want to install a 5 channel amp with my factory deck and I was told today that I cannot use line output converters because the signal would be terrible and i would have no control over fade/bass/etc. He said even good ones like Soundgate would still have pops and noise and would be a messy installation with a 5 channel amp. Is this all true? Is there anything I can do about this?

If it matters its in a 2002 regular cab silverado. Its the Alpine MRV-F450 amp. I will most likely be installing an ed 10k and cdt cl-61's also.

speaker to rca level adaptors do have their draw backs, but what are the alternatives? the pops are usually only heard when you turn it on and off, and a good quality adaptor should give no alternator noise (or whining/whistling noise), and this may be enough to get the amp in your car and working until you can afford to buy a real stereo........

if you get two strereo adaptors, you will still have fade and balance control, and he was bullshitting about the bass control.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.