3 amps connected to OEM Nav unit in Forte Koup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jalum
10+ year member

That's a KIA!?
I'm wanting to replac my OEM cd player with the OEM Nav unit for my Koup SX. My only concern before I do this is that I'll be using a RF T400-4 and 2 RF T600-2 amps and there aren't enough RCA ouputs from the OEM nav unit to run all 3. Is there some kind of adapter or extension of some sort that I can use or would I just be SOL on keeping the OEM interior look?

Well. My problem is that the OEM Nav unit I want to put in doesn't have enough RCA connections for 3 amps. It's limited to one. So I'm looking for an answer as to whether or not there is some kind of adapter/extension for this kind of problem or if I should just deal with not being able to put in the Nav unit.

you can use 'Y Splitters' or better yet would be use a small pre-amp that you could mount in the center console or glove box

something like this

KQ5.preview.jpg

Equalizers | KICKER

Last edited by a moderator:
Crispin is right Y split it But you might want to rethink using a factory HU, I did it for a long time in my Volvo didn't realize how much you loss doing it that why. If your taking out the original one anyways go with aftermarket. If you are set on that way than i would put something in there to clean it up. Just my opinion.

I would recomend if your gonna do this to y adapt only amps that are going to run subwoofers and use the high level inputs on the 4 ch. I could go into detail behind my reasoning but its alot of typing.

Crispin is right Y split it But you might want to rethink using a factory HU, I did it for a long time in my Volvo didn't realize how much you loss doing it that why. If your taking out the original one anyways go with aftermarket. If you are set on that way than i would put something in there to clean it up. Just my opinion.
I've been looking at the 3sixty for a couple of years now and I'm sure that would do the job on making the Nav unit sound a lot cleaner. I'll probably end up getting it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.