2012 Type R blown already

Well it did it again (I think) I havent pulled the speaker yet. What is the best solution to stop those jumpers from coming out? Just use speaker wire to connect the two terminals?

Well, i cant give you an accurate review on sound quality, because my system is running off the factory head unit at the moment. As far as loudness, they get pretty loud. I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find a speaker better than the new type r for the money, and that has the power handeling capabilitys of the type r. I got my set of speakers for 300 bucks shipped. At 150 a speaker I think the perfomance of the woofers is excelent.

I would somehow increase the size of the jumper tip to make the fit tighter, or just use a thick piece of speaker wire.
^This my 3rd gen Type R (model before this) I got it off the floor and the banana plugs we're kind of loose, then I blew it playing Bass I love you and got a NEW one free! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i connected my 2012 type r's and they soound really good. im waiting on my other amp to get repaired and while that happens im looking for a good quality amp. i just purchased a ****** kenwood amp so i can have some bass until my amp comes back or i buy a new one then ill return the one to best buy lol.... but they sound **** good to me so far and im only giving em 450 watts each cuz this crappy kenwood is 900 watts rms at 2/1ohms

If they arent visible because they are in the speaker box what would it matter?
exactly. you would never see the wire. my friend had to do this with his because of the same problem. i cant remeber what size wire he used tho

from my experience with a pair of late 2000's Type S's. Those jumper ends should also fit inside the speaker wire hole on the push down voice coils instead of going straight down into the top jumper holes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.