2000 Grand Marquis Build

I'm curious as to how the sound reaches the cabin. I also question the amplifier mounting position. Why not lay it flat or bring it up flush with the paneling? I just personally dont like the visual appeal of the angle. Other than that everything looks great!

I'm curious as to how the sound reaches the cabin. I also question the amplifier mounting position. Why not lay it flat or bring it up flush with the paneling? I just personally dont like the visual appeal of the angle. Other than that everything looks great!
well..right where the fuse holder is there is a a port in the back deck for the cabin...and i will be redoing the back deck to postion the speakers in a different way and make a bigger port back there....and the reason why i mounted the amp that was is cause from the side i will be able to adjust the controls on the amp easy!!! and if i layed the amp down flat it would be very tight and it would hang off the bottom board... and i do not want it flush i like the way it is now...i will be adding some leds soon to light the amp up...thanks

oh yeah and the other reason is because it is different...

Its possible to fit two 18s back there...just did 2 fi bl's in around 9.5 cu ft tund to 32hz. Subs up port front tight squeeze but hits low.also I cut the armrest out to get a little more are and ported about 14x4 on rear deck. ill put some pics up in next couple days. The box is still raw. Though

i just got my speakers 4 8 inch whip audios for back deck in...they do not fit b/c they are hitting my batterys and amp rack in trunk...so i am gunna add some new rings ...and wrap it in black vinyl....i will post pictures later...

Its possible to fit two 18s back there...just did 2 fi bl's in around 9.5 cu ft tund to 32hz. Subs up port front tight squeeze but hits low.also I cut the armrest out to get a little more are and ported about 14x4 on rear deck. ill put some pics up in next couple days. The box is still raw. Though
yeah post pictures please...

You got the box plans? Does it rattle the **** out of your trunk though?
no going the bandpass route anymore...just doing a 8cuft ported box......and yes when bass is added to the trunk and deaden is added it rattles like hell...

i am not even gunna post pictures from last night working on back dash...i do not even want to talk about it...haha it was that bad....so tommorrow i am gunna drop it off to my buddy we are gunna start from scratch...use the old dash for a timplet...cut the board cover it in black vinyl...then do the pods seprate and wrap them in tan vinyl....the reason why it got all messed up last night is b/c we did not get any fiberglass mat...we used bed sheet... and could not find router so we just cut little pieces of wood to make a ring thats all i am gunna say lol... so we gave up and we are gunna start from scratch and do it the right way this time...going to wal mart in the morning to pick up resin...fiberglass mat..and something to apply the resin with...and my buddy is gunna barrow his dad's router...for rings..i will post pictures when done and progress pictures...it might not get done tommorrow but will be done by sunday...he said he is going to the bar tonight so...that means he might only work on doing the deck tommorrow for an hour or so...haha

ill put pics up when i get back to my car and take some...my trunk is pretty bad but not as bad as that video...i wanna see pics when you get them pods glassed!

ill put pics up when i get back to my car and take some...my trunk is pretty bad but not as bad as that video...i wanna see pics when you get them pods glassed!
alrighty i will post them up...see this is our first time glassing...so we do not know we need to use...just cloth and resin or cloth resin and fiberglass mat... and what kinda cloth? can it be any kinda cloth or it has to be fiberglass cloth...because like i said we tryed to use a sheet and that do not come out good at all...

whattttttt i just seen your sig ...you got 2 18's ported in your trunk??????????????

You got a nice build going on stilltippin...motivation for me to go clean up my install some and glass my doors.

I would love to hear this but I glanced at your cardomain page and see you are on the other side of NC. Wanna see some videos though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.