2 ohm amp to 4 ohm subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If your subs are wired to 4 ohms, running them on a 2ohm amp is fine. Your amp is stable to 2 ohms so it'll be fine with anything wired higher than that. You wont be getting full power at 4 ohms though, so take that into consideration. You'll be getting about half the power at 4 ohms that you would at 2.

I don't see from the link anything about the ohms ratings.

Would running a 2 ohm amp to my 4 ohm subs make them sound like ****? i ran them at 4 ohms on a different 2 ohm amp but they sounded fine?this is my new amp (which causes the subs to make a pinging sound)

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/LA2068/detail.asp

and this is the amp they sound good on...

http://www.infiniteelectronix.com/in...ROD&ProdID=535

thanks!
You can always wire the coils in parallel and run them to seperate channels for a 2-Ohm load instead of bridging them for a 4-ohm load..

-Bill-

how would i do that? hook up the amp up bridged at 2 ohms, hook it up to the subs wired to 2 ohms each then run + to +, - to - on the other sub?

would i get more power wiring them on individual channels at 2 ohms or parallel @ 4? (i have a link to my amps power up top) thanks!!!!!!

wire it like this

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.